New TV Required

Mark.

Looking for a new telly , at least 42 inch must be HD Ready and must be able to hook up my PC to it , around a grand at the most ... any of you have anything that you can reccomend or know of any ?

Cheers if you can help :)

:rangers:

I had a samsung and it blew up twice when i used it as a monitor and tv...

The one im using the now is full HD and is a craking tv if im honest!

LG6100

Had it for a few months now and have pc, 360, ps3 and blueray player all hooked up to it...craking tv and good STD picture as well!

Panasonic are the best make followed by Samsung and Sony, LG are also very reliable although not as great as the above 3 but are usually quite a bit cheaper.

Plasma you generally get a slightly better picture than LCD but there is more risk of them breaking.

In 3 word get a Panasonic!

Just ordered a 42 incher from Ebuyer - and if you intend to hook a PS3 up to it, you might wanna make sure it's FULL HD rather than just HD Ready. That's 1080 rather than just 720.

I was at a bud's the other day looking at the PS3 on his big screen for the first time properly - in short it looks staggering.

Just ordered a 42 incher from Ebuyer - and if you intend to hook a PS3 up to it, you might wanna make sure it's FULL HD rather than just HD Ready. That's 1080 rather than just 720.

I was at a bud's the other day looking at the PS3 on his big screen for the first time properly - in short it looks staggering.

So many PS3 games only support 720p just now :(

I paid £330 for a 32" HD telly in my room. Doesn't do 1080p, but it does 1080i.

It's certainly decent for me, and for the price I couldn't complain.

bigger than 42" get a plasma, smaller get a lcd. For this sort of size you will have to make sure it is 1080p. Look at review sites or gadget show website as you cant say one company is better than the other as it varies from model to model.