The Rangers FC Video Archive

TMWWBK

Guest Andypendek

Minstral was at the final, complaining things were better in the 30s.

You know what, when Mr Chomondley-Warner reads out the Rangers names, I not only recognised most of them but recognised their faces before he said them. And I was born in 1970. For me, it's the continuity between generations that makes this club so great. Maybe we are lucky in that our players got covered by the cameras in a way that, say, Third Lanark's did not, but be that as it may it says something pretty special when you know who these men are and you know what they did for our team, and they were retired some decades before your birth.

"Brian Laudrup says Rangers manager Walter Smith's summer signings have proved to be strong additions to the Ibrox squad.

"It's been a rollercoaster start to the season, and going out of Europe to Kaunas was very surprising," the former Rangers star told BBC Sport.

"But it looks like Rangers made a couple of decent signings towards the end of the window."

"Pedro Mendes in particular has come in and done quite well."

Laudrup was back in Glasgow to watch Aalborg take on Celtic in the Champions League.

And the former Denmark international says things are looking up for his old team across the city, after the disappointment of going out of the Champions League at the first hurdle.

"They beat Celtic 4-2 away from home, so it looks like they're getting there," he said.

"Hopefully it will continue for the rest of the season."

Laudrup, who played an important part as Rangers won nine championships in-a-row, has been working for Danish television since hanging up his boots eight years ago.

And he says he has no desire to return to football in a managerial role just yet.

"My brother Michael is in management right now - and I can see a new wrinkle every day!"

"Right now, I'm enjoying my television work and working at youth camps back home passing on what I've learned."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...ers/7621991.stm

No chance he would want to come back to us as a coach then?

We are going to try and move the video threads into this one once the discussion of any start to die down so we can keep them around for easy viewing! If you want to start putting youtube vids in here, that would be nice to start with as well.

A cracking idea, CR.

I'd also urge the Bears to upload as much Rangers videos to Youtube as possible. The Advocaat years would be a good start in particular, there isnt a lot of stuff from that era on there.

• 3 weeks later...