FIFA 09 or PES 2009

Danny

It had to be done :)  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Now that both 09 versions are out...

• FIFA09
    • Pro Evo 2009

If I don't bother with PES it will be the first one I haven't bought ever. Including ISS.

I actually think it plays terrible.

I take it you're basing that on the Demo? Because the game plays anything but terrible.

If I don't bother with PES it will be the first one I haven't bought ever. Including ISS.

I take it you're basing that on the Demo? Because the game plays anything but terrible.

Yes, unless its at least ten times better than the Demo for gameplay I won't be touching it... unless I can get a pre-owned one for less than £20 next summer.

Yes, unless its at least ten times better than the Demo for gameplay I won't be touching it... unless I can get a pre-owned one for less than £20 next summer.

What would be the point....PES 10 would be due out.

Zoo mag summed up the two for me quite nicely:

PES 2009 has upped the stakes in its bid to trounce FIFA's incredibly impressive latest effort in the annual footie scrap.

What's good about it? They've sorted PES 08's irritating PS3 slowdown and routinely similar goalscoring. It offers a fast-paced, free-flowing alternative to FIFA 09's hyper-realistic skills of patience and passing. And the epic, one-player Become A Legend mode - shamelessly nicked from last years FIFA - is life-gobblingly good.

What's bad about it? Players tend to dive in without you telling them - often resulting in red cards. And ther are some hurrendously half-arsed unlicensed kits.

Verdict: A subtle but deft improvement on last years edition that just gets better the more you play it. PES is still the king of frenetic gameplay. ***** (5 Stars)

Sums it up for me - they're both good games but which one I play will be determined by the mood I'm in. And right now it's PES.

PES 2009 has upped the stakes in its bid to trounce FIFA's incredibly impressive latest effort in the annual footie scrap.

What's good about it? They've sorted PES 08's irritating PS3 slowdown and routinely similar goalscoring. It offers a fast-paced, free-flowing alternative to FIFA 09's hyper-realistic skills of patience and passing. And the epic, one-player Become A Legend mode - shamelessly nicked from last years FIFA - is life-gobblingly good.

What's bad about it? Players tend to dive in without you telling them - often resulting in red cards. And ther are some hurrendously half-arsed unlicensed kits.

Verdict: A subtle but deft improvement on last years edition that just gets better the more you play it. PES is still the king of frenetic gameplay. ***** (5 Stars)

Sums it up for me - they're both good games but which one I play will be determined by the mood I'm in. And right now it's PES.

(tu)

no really played it much,

went to play one online game 5 mins ago and fuk me its still fuked!

It actually stopped the game itself saying it became to unstable

however i like the fact u can take a picture of urself for be a legend

Do the actual games differ from the demos at all?

I think they both do.

Cool, ill check them out when my mate gets both this week, wasn't too impressed with the demo of PES, the players didn't look like they fitted with the ground properly, kind of looked like they were floating.