Murray into St. Petersburg final

Defending champion Andy Murray eased into the St Petersburg Open final by beating world number 16 Fernando Verdasco 6-0 6-3.

The semi-final encounter was a repeat of last year's final - which also saw Murray triumph over the Spaniard.

The Scot easily took the first set and went 3-0 up in the second, eventually wrapping up the win in 74 minutes.

He now must beat Kazakhstan's Andrey Golubev, ranked 150th in the world, in Sunday's final to retain his title.

Golubev beat Romania's Victor Hanescu 6-3 6-0 in the first semi-final.

Despite a gruelling quarter-final against Janko Tipsaveric, Murray cruised through the first set and although Verdasco broke Murray's serve to level at 2-2, the Spaniard was undermined by a succession of unforced errors and double faults.

Murray, who is enjoying a superb run of form, is bidding for his fifth title of a year which also saw him reach the US Open final in September.

He arrived in Russia having sealed back-to-back Masters Series titles in Cincinnati and, last week, Madrid.

The Briton, meanwhile, has been given a tricky draw for next week's Paris Masters.

As the fourth seed he receives a bye through to the second round, at which point he will meet Marcos Baghdatis or Sam Querrey.

The Scot is then likely to come up against Juan Martin del Potro or David Nalbandian in the quarter-finals and Rafael Nadal in the last four.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/7690796.stm

:clap:

This is great for Andy, hope he's not too tired for Paris :unsure: I really am a glass is half empty kind of guy ain't I? :lol:

Does anyone know what sort of time the final shall be taking place? UK time? I reckon I won't be home till 6ish but if its after 4pm I might catch it up in Glasgow :)

Had a good check, can't find a live feed on any of the normal channels ie. Sky Sports, Eurosport, Setanta or BBC

If I am wrong please make me aware but looks like it might have to be an internet job for most tomorrow. I did notice highlights were on at either 8pm or 9pm, on either Setanta or Eurosport. Jesus, I really do have short term memory huh!?

Had a good check, can't find a live feed on any of the normal channels ie. Sky Sports, Eurosport, Setanta or BBC

If I am wrong please make me aware but looks like it might have to be an internet job for most tomorrow. I did notice highlights were on at either 8pm or 9pm, on either Setanta or Eurosport. Jesus, I really do have short term memory huh!?

There's a live video feed on the official tourny website, as for the highlights, Eurosport at 9.

There's a live video feed on the official tourny website, as for the highlights, Eurosport at 9.

no sound on it though, i used this in a previous match