Maradona to coach/manage Argentina!

If true then a massive boot in the bollocks to the likes of Diego Simone, Miguel Angel Russo and especially Sergio Batista!

So many more obvious candidates than a washed up; drugged out, nut-job like Maradona! Can you imagine the first dubious decision against them....he'll be onto the pitch wobbling after the ref with an air-rifle!!!!

Like the majority of Argentinians, i really thought Sergio Batista would have got it.

Im not too surprised with this appointment, though. Tim Vickery said a few times that Maradona would be interested, and that the AFA would be interested in talking to him.

Maradona to coach Argentina - media reports

BUENOS AIRES, Oct 28 (Reuters) - Diego Maradona is to be the new coach of the Argentine national side, television and media reports said on Tuesday.

The news came as Maradona, who has had only two brief stints as a coach, was meeting Argentina Football Association (AFA) president Julio Grondona in Buenos Aires.

http://football.uk.reuters.com/world/news/LS640389.php

BUENOS AIRES, Oct 28 (Reuters) - Diego Maradona is to be the new coach of the Argentine national side, television and media reports said on Tuesday.

The news came as Maradona, who has had only two brief stints as a coach, was meeting Argentina Football Association (AFA) president Julio Grondona in Buenos Aires.

:lol: Did you not believe me! ;)

Still can't understand it. If you thought Vogts for Scotland was bad.....god help Argentina!

Sounds like interesting times ahead - mind you, not a daft as appointing George :beer1: Burrley

:beer1: & :gay1: Burley so I've heard!

Look out for the Robbie Fowler-type goal celebrations from Argentina :lol:

SFA have sent their groundsman off to B&Q to stock up.....think they'll have a busy night! ;)

Still can't understand it. If you thought Vogts for Scotland was bad.....god help Argentina!

Julio Grondona and the people behind the scenes must believe he has something (other than being one of, if not the greatest player of all time) going for him in a coaching sense. Boca Juniors basically offered him the chance to manage them when Alfio Basile left to manage Argentina in 2006, and Boca aren't stupid.

I don't approve of this appointment as im a big fan of Sergio Batista, but i wouldnt be surprised if he done a fantastic job for them. Hiring a manager with no experience at international level isnt as risky as hiring a manager with no experience at club level, as Klinsmann with Germany and Van Basten with Holland have proved.

Julio Grondona and the people behind the scenes must believe he has something (other than being one of, if not the greatest player of all time) going for him in a coaching sense. Boca Juniors basically offered him the chance to manage them when Alfio Basile left to manage Argentina in 2006, and Boca aren't stupid.

I don't approve of this appointment as im a big fan of Sergio Batista, but i wouldnt be surprised if he done a fantastic job for them. Hiring a manager with no experience at international level isnt as risky as hiring a manager with no experience at club level, as Klinsmann with Germany and Van Basten with Holland have proved.

As a player - Untouchable! No arguments.

As a person - Looney Tunes! The guys off the radar. Maybe a smaller country first to prove himself, but straight into the Argentina job...weird one imo! Am prepared rto be proved well wrong though! (tu)