Israel

*Manticore*

Youse are making out sound like we shouldn't go.

What happened to 'Everywhere, anywhere, We will follow on'?

Didnt have the cash at the time, long flights(time off work)and the game may not even be played in Israel in the end!

No, was thinking about it until I saw the prices on the day of the draw. Even with the travel club prices it is still expensive.

TC is always a bit of a rip off, this trip's a real bad one.

But going indie, I'll have a nice wee break there, see the sights all for less that the TC.

Spending money will be more obviously, but how often am I likely to go to Israel in my life?

Tel Aviv is a predominantly Jewish city, v/ cosmopolitan and good night life.

Security is very good and - not too many people of Arab descent allowed in to the city and it's well out of range from South Lebanon.

You'll be okay.

Security is fantastic and best I've ever encountered in my life. Paramilitary type cops everywhere on hi spec motorbykes with smg's... something else.

Tel Aviv people are the most westernised Jews in Israel.

You'll be in a long queue at Ben Gurion airport, when you come off the plane. just be patient and you will get grilled, especially if you have stamps / visas in your passport from Islamic countries. Be respectful, cos the Israeli's don't take kindly to tom foolery. They'd just as easy put you back on the plane.

Another wee snippet !!!!

There will be at least two (armed) sky marshall's on your plane. They'll be v/ conspicuous and will be profiling everyone getting on the plane (even if a charter jet).

During the flight, they will be probably standing (not seated) near the middle of the plane.

Again, don't give them any cause not to like you, cos they will also be waiting to signal you to their colleagues at passport control at Ben Gurion. Get my drift.

How does the travel club actually work.

I was too late to join this season but hope to next season.

Pros/cons?

You have to join to get tickets for european away games, about ?12 for St holders ?25 for others.

You are given a point when you apply for a ticket, unless you turn it down.

If tix are in high demand then points decide who gets them.

At the moment the max points is 11, I'm on 10 I think.

Another wee snippet !!!!

There will be at least two (armed) sky marshall's on your plane. They'll be v/ conspicuous and will be profiling everyone getting on the plane (even if a charter jet).

During the flight, they will be probably standing (not seated) near the middle of the plane.

Again, don't give them any cause not to like you, cos they will also be waiting to signal you to their colleagues at passport control at Ben Gurion.  Get my drift.

I am very happy to have good security on a flight.

And yes, we've been warned not to fuck about with the security.