Why does Walter insist on not giving youth a chance?

macleod1873

In his previous term in the nineties I can only think of 2 youngsters that came through the ranks and Walter gave regular first team appearances, ie more than 15 to 20 games a season. For a club with our pulling power that was a disgrace.

In the next 7 years with his successors we had Ferguson, Ross, Malcolm, McGregor, Hutton,Smith,Adam,Burke, that I can think of quickly, who made good number of appearances who progressed from the youth system.

Second time around, none in almost 2 years.

Either our selection policy was rubbish, or the coaching and this changed and then deteriorated again or it is purely down to Walter Smith and his refusal to acknowledge a youth system as ameans of progression to the first team.

Walter Smith persists on not giving youth a chance? Aaron for example?

A felt the other night was crying out for Fleck or Edu, instead he goes for a semi fit Ferguson

In his previous spell he rarely played young players, example being Ferguson hardly playing.

I fear for Flecks talents going to waste, when you look at how well McCarthy has developed just becuase he is getting a run in the first team.

Why Walter?

because Managers are judged on today, right now..results not on who might be good 5 years from now

In his previous term in the nineties I can only think of 2 youngsters that came through the ranks and Walter gave regular first team appearances, ie more than 15 to 20 games a season. For a club with our pulling power that was a disgrace.

In the next 7 years with his successors we had Ferguson, Ross, Malcolm, McGregor, Hutton,Smith,Adam,Burke, that I can think of quickly, who made good number of appearances who progressed from the youth system.

Second time around, none in almost 2 years.

Either our selection policy was rubbish, or the coaching and this changed and then deteriorated again or it is purely down to Walter Smith and his refusal to acknowledge a youth system as ameans of progression to the first team.

he was too busy on focusing on nine in a row... and not on who will possibly play for us in 3,4,5 years from today

Walter Smith persists on not giving youth a chance? Aaron for example?

A felt the other night was crying out for Fleck or Edu, instead he goes for a semi fit Ferguson

In his previous spell he rarely played young players, example being Ferguson hardly playing.

I fear for Flecks talents going to waste, when you look at how well McCarthy has developed just becuase he is getting a run in the first team.

Why Walter?

What are you on about? Walter gave Fleck his first team debut in a pre-season friendly at the age of 15.

Id hardley call that giving him a chance