Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

You'd rather the guy that recorded not one but two 9-0 defeats at the same club?

Can't just look at two games. Did very well there, good style of football and it only declined when he wasn't backed and they went with an ultra youth focus, getting rid of experience; look what happened when he left...

Also managed in the Bundesliga, finishing second. His pedigree is better than Clement's and he is available, but it's done now and hopefully Clement can hit the ground running, but imo it's far more of a gamble than Hasenhuttl would have been.

Really happy with this appointment 🇬🇧 think it’s the correct person. If his past record is anything to go by we be in a good place again soon. Biggest test the now is can he get a tune out of the existing squad? The board must of made some form of promises for budgets etc I hope that he gets the opportunity to bring his own staff and that he also looks to bring through some youths into our set up. 

We need to give him the time needed to fix the mess. Took Gent from something like 10th to winning the league that’s impressive. He obviously has a plan and system that works now give him the time to implement it.

Just now, MarkWalters11 said:

Can't just look at two games. Did very well there, good style of football and it only declined when he wasn't backed and they went with an ultra youth focus, getting rid of experience; look what happened when he left...

Also managed in the Bundesliga, finishing second. His pedigree is better than Clement's and he is available, but it's done now and hopefully Clement can hit the ground running, but imo it's far more of a gamble than Hasenhuttl would have been.

Having a good style of football and managing in the Bundesliga isn't a better pedigree for us than someone who has won 3 titles with 2 clubs in a better league than we play in.

I think this on paper is a great appointment. My reservations (or maybe better phrase would be challenges) for the board are finances and that Clement has never handled recruitment so I still think we need a DoF. But he is a proper manager and tactician with a track record of trophies. He is what we’ve been crying out for and I’m sure he can improve the players. Onwards and upwards. 

Just now, stuart1994 said:

Will need time and patience from us, Beales set us back. Wouldn’t disagree with anyone if they said the leagues done. Good chance to win a cup and gives him the rest of the season as a free hit. Gives him a chance to see where he thinks we need to change.  

I agree with you but I hope we're wrong and he smashes the rest of the season!