Welcome to Rangers, Philippe Clement!

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

No matter how the season ends, think a summer reset and new team will give me confidence going into the next season but the regression in recent weeks is very worrying.

Can't just keep blaming Beale for everything forever.

Although I do think on the other hand you can't say back in October it would be a miracle if we got ourselves to this position with the squad we had and now say it's a disaster if we fumble it. He's probably now being a victim of his own success and the reality is that the squad is terrible. We still have Dessers up front, Sterling and McCausland on the wings, best player in Sima out the whole time, Cortes in and injured etc.

But I do think he should be keeping us going in a much better fashion and the collapse has to be criticised. 

Nail on head. Through the team there is a real lack of quality. Just had a look down the league top scorers list: Tav (17) then Dessers just behind (14) then Sima on 11 goals. The next person is Cantwell and Matondo who have 5, then Danilo on 4.

How many games did Sima miss? And Danilo hasn’t been seen since when?

Anyway. Good to get back to winning ways and hopefully another 3 points next week.

This isn’t a criticism of him but has he really ‘massively overachieved’?

1 point from 6 versus them and wouldn’t the minimum we’d accept even with this squad be a cup final win when it’s against Aberdeen, and to be in a final for the SC when we haven’t had to play celtic along the way.

He’s done well, steadied the ship initially and ground out results without performances ever really being that great. But talk of ‘working miracles’ etc. is madness.

A miracle would be winning the treble from here and then we can talk about overachieving. 

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

1 point from 6 versus them and wouldn’t the minimum we’d accept even with this squad be a cup final win when it’s against Aberdeen, and to be in a final for the SC when we haven’t had to play celtic along the way.

He’s done well, steadied the ship initially and ground out results without performances ever really being that great. But talk of ‘working miracles’ etc. is madness.

A miracle would be winning the treble from here and then we can talk about overachieving. 

Yes.

The team were down and out when Beale was in his last legs. We got scudded at home to Aberdeen and looked out of our depth in Europe. It was sone of the worst football I have ever witnessed.

He came in and totally turned it round, our domestic form was champion material and we turned it round in Europe.

That's with scudders like Matondo 

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Spot on

9 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Yeah. At least according to those who wanted him to succeed anyway.

Just think this is a squad massively lacking in talent.

Maybe the least talented team we’ve had since Gerrard took over when you take into account injuries.

So he’s done very well to get us competing.

Some of that has been a poor celtic team coming back to us (as our points per game is in line relative to previous seasons). 

My only criticism is could he have managed the squad or play style better to prevent this end of season drop off? Which he’s had at a few of his previous jobs.

So much of our early success was built upon a great intensity and press.

He has worked miracles and my overall opinion of him is nowhere near on the critical side. He's been a brilliant appointment and the squad is terrible. 

However, to say he's not allowed "any" criticism is silly. The last month has not been anywhere near good enough. In terms of both performances and results and not against the top teams either. The defence has been all over the place, team selections have been wrong and style of play and motivation has taken a nosedive.

Both sides can be true. Improve the squad in the summer, have a reset and we have a right good chance at everything next season. But he's not working miracles anymore recently

Just now, Broxi said:

He has worked miracles and my overall opinion of him is nowhere near on the critical side. He's been a brilliant appointment and the squad is terrible. 

However, to say he's not allowed "any" criticism is silly. The last month has not been anywhere near good enough. In terms of both performances and results and not against the top teams either. The defence has been all over the place, team selections have been wrong and style of play and motivation has taken a nosedive.

Both sides can be true. Improve the squad in the summer, have a reset and we have a right good chance at everything next season. But he's not working miracles anymore recently

What’s the miracle?

Just now, Broxi said:

Winning the League Cup, topping our Europa League group and getting top of the league and in the final of the Scottish Cup was absolutely unforeseeable back when Beale got sacked  

How was winning the league cup a miracle?

Topping the EL was a great achievement though granted.

I’m on about domestically with that earlier post.

The squads a shit show, how any fan wants to put Beales mismanagement and total lack of football knowledge onto Clement given our circumstance is madness.

Seems folk expected a treble when we were were miles behind in the league and couldn't lay a glove on Aberdeen at Ibrox. 

If he gets a double and has us fighting it out in the final weeks it would have been seen as mental talk when he came in.

Just now, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

The league was done after 7 games. He's got people still believing it can be won with 4 to go.

Mate come on that’s as much about their form as it has been ours.

Different discussion if he’s gone to their dump and won or at least had us win the Ibrox game.

I feel he’s done well but like I said earlier the talk of working miracles etc. is too far.

Hearts at home the only game I can think of off the top of my head where our performance was incredibly good.

I do find it hilarious how the beale fan boy seems to want to have a go at Clement all the time. 

The problem for Clement is, he's probably been too successful with this current bunch of numpties that were accumulated mainly by beale (if you include his time with Gerrard, during which he was apparantly 'the brains') so therefore we expected more. The funny thing is, if you reverse his current league results and he started with mediocrity and gotten better we'd all be a whole lot happier. He's not perfect by any means, and there are definately things that can and will be improved. Personally, no matter what happens this season now, i'm willing to give him the summer to see how it shapes up. I'm pretty confident he's the kind of manager who can make a difference if we give him a chance. 

I do think he has to take some of the blame but he has credit in the bank for what he did after coming in. I did like his choice of players in January, bar Silva, as at least Cortes and Diomande are young, hungry players not frightened to take a man on or look to go forward.

Diomande is still raw but he’s more forward thinking than his departing partner next to him that isn’t worth a bugger just now and much of our snails pace pish comes from him. 

PC needs to be ruthless as fuck in the summer, I’m just not sure we’ve the funds we need to support that, albeit the club have to recognise the volume of players out of contract need replaced. Need to cash in on some that aren’t out of contract, try and get money for eg Matondo, Lammers, Cantwell and hope the Saudi’s give us millions for the other 2 mentioned earlier this week. Butland would get us multi millions but I’ve no idea where we’d be without him, today a prime example. 

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You have to ignore the post-match soundbites. With the season on the line, he can't throw his players under the bus, but he went storming up the tunnel at HT, a clear sign of how he felt.

Its a bit mental that people take these things at face value. He has been slaughtered for some of his comments after poor performances but its a simple fact that he has to rely on these players, useless and gutless as they are. He has no alternatives. You can bet that what he is saying and what is thinking are two totally different things. Well, i hope so anyway.

34 minutes ago, Redmond7 said:

I do find it hilarious how the beale fan boy seems to want to have a go at Clement all the time. 

The problem for Clement is, he's probably been too successful with this current bunch of numpties that were accumulated mainly by beale (if you include his time with Gerrard, during which he was apparantly 'the brains') so therefore we expected more. The funny thing is, if you reverse his current league results and he started with mediocrity and gotten better we'd all be a whole lot happier. He's not perfect by any means, and there are definately things that can and will be improved. Personally, no matter what happens this season now, i'm willing to give him the summer to see how it shapes up. I'm pretty confident he's the kind of manager who can make a difference if we give him a chance. 

Who’s the fanboy and where is there a go?

He deserved criticism previously for some of his team selections. But these players are weak minded or on their way out and don't care enough, and that's not on him. He's got next to no options available to mix it up or to drop those who's hearts aren't in it. 

Huge summer for him.