Why does Walter insist on not giving youth a chance?

macleod1873

Walter Smith persists on not giving youth a chance? Aaron for example?

A felt the other night was crying out for Fleck or Edu, instead he goes for a semi fit Ferguson

In his previous spell he rarely played young players, example being Ferguson hardly playing.

I fear for Flecks talents going to waste, when you look at how well McCarthy has developed just becuase he is getting a run in the first team.

Why Walter?

Walter Smith persists on not giving youth a chance? Aaron for example?

A felt the other night was crying out for Fleck or Edu, instead he goes for a semi fit Ferguson

In his previous spell he rarely played young players, example being Ferguson hardly playing.

I fear for Flecks talents going to waste, when you look at how well McCarthy has developed just becuase he is getting a run in the first team.

Why Walter?

What are you on about? Walter gave Fleck his first team debut in a pre-season friendly at the age of 15.

If Walter had won the league last season, I think we would have seen Aaron sooner, Loy getting his debut earlier and Fleck getting the odd run out. I think he's under a lot of pressure and is far too worried to give an untested youth a shot.

If Walter had won the league last season, I think we would have seen Aaron sooner, Loy getting his debut earlier and Fleck getting the odd run out. I think he's under a lot of pressure and is far too worried to give an untested youth a shot.

Nonsense, Walter has never been interested in the youth system and has always considered young talent and youth coaches a nuisance. This is why we had to sign almost a full squad in the summer after he left first time around, his regulars had stayed too long and played past their sell by date and no young players had been given a chance to get experience.

Against 75% of spl teams playing one young player would not be a risk considering the passengers who normally play in the first team.

Aaron supposidly played pretty well for the Spanish U-21's tonight. So if he's good enough to start alongside Asenjo, Busquets, Fran Merida, Parejo and play the full 90....then how come he's not even been given the chance in the Rangers 1st team?

The same Walter Smith that tried to flog Barry Ferguson for £100,000 before he left after 9IAR.

I can't believe someone's not had a word in his ear to be frank, but that'd never happen at Ibrox.

The 'Old Pals' act is in full flow again and it's killing youth. Why would Walter play Jordan McMillan in his natural position when he can stick in Fergie's best mate? doh

I honestly fucking despair at times.

Which youngsters have been overlooked by Walter and then gone on to become stars that we'd have wanted in our first team?

Seeing as he's let so many slip through his fingers over the years there must be countless examples....

Which youngsters have been overlooked by Walter and then gone on to become stars that we'd have wanted in our first team?

Seeing as he's let so many slip through his fingers over the years there must be countless examples....

Hundreds of examples of youngsters who were sickened by their treatment in the nineties that they dropped out of the game along with a lot of our youth coaches who gave up for the same reason.

Have you never wondered why a club like Rangers who had the pick of scottish young talent failed to produce more than a handfull of successful players for us or for other clubs in that decade?

That just wrong on so many levels.

The way Walter treats 90% of youngsters must put them off football. The Smith 'Glass Ceiling' must be a terrible thing to cope with as a young Ranger.

Hundreds of examples of youngsters who were sickened by their treatment in the nineties that they dropped out of the game along with a lot of our youth coaches who gave up for the same reason.

Have you never wondered why a club like Rangers who had the pick of scottish young talent failed to produce more than a handfull of successful players for us or for other clubs in that decade?

He's let go hundreds of youngsters who would be starring in the first team?!

If any of these youngsters who "dropped out of the game" were good enough then you would've thought at least a few of them would have been persuaded to fulfil their enormous potential at other clubs.

Unless, of course, they weren't good enough in the first place :pipe:

The way Walter treats 90% of youngsters must put them off football. The Smith 'Glass Ceiling' must be a terrible thing to cope with as a young Ranger.

I'm unfamiliar with this horrendous treatment of which you speak. If you're not good enough, you don't play? Sounds fair enough to me.

I'm unfamiliar with this horrendous treatment of which you speak. If you're not good enough, you don't play? Sounds fair enough to me.

By that reckoning, Charlie Adam and Lee McCulloch are better than Aaron and John Fleck.

Which they aren't.

So what's the reason they don't play? The common denominator is youth.

he is a striker who is being tested as a full back at gers...

As for youth, it is clear for all to see that walter has no interest in youth...there have been countless games this season where we have bee 2-3 up and cruising with 10-15mins to go, but does he throw on a youngster? fuck no...in fact, he hearly even uses more than 1 sub!

As for youth, it is clear for all to see that walter has no interest in youth...there have been countless games this season where we have bee 2-3 up and cruising with 10-15mins to go, but does he throw on a youngster? fuck no...in fact, he hearly even uses more than 1 sub!

By that reckoning, Charlie Adam and Lee McCulloch are better than Aaron and John Fleck.

Which they aren't.

So what's the reason they don't play? The common denominator is youth.

No. But if John Fleck and Aaron don't ever get a chance at Rangers then you may have a point (tu)

Yeah I thought that - couldn't believe it when I saw the article on Andrew Little on the Rangers website today.

The striker, who also plays at centre-half for the Gers

What is it with us playing players out of position?

Maybe he aint trying youth because they aint good enough.

With the way we demand success he can't afford to use his untested youths.

If he uses a youth at CB and we get slaughtered, so would he for playing said youth.

So he uses experience.

Not saying I agree with it, just trying to understand it.

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration. We haven't really cruised over the finish line for the last 20 mins that often this season - Ra Sellick and ICT in reality. Maybe Hamilton in the CIS cup and Hibs away.

Against the Filth we were down to 10 men. Against ICT he brought on Loy. Protecting a lead away to Hibs is hardly a 'capital' offence :craphead:

Against Hamilton we only had 5 subs - perhaps he should have named a younger bench though.

Pedantic loyal :unionflag: