U19s and Reserves

Bobby83

Assuming Walt doesn't inhibit their development by staying or get rid of them.

There are some great youth players at our club that I believe (under any other manager) would be destined for the 1st team.

John Fleck - obvious, but we will have to see if he comes back from his injury the same player, or if its recurring which it very well could be.

Archie Campbell - I think hes as much of a prospect as Fleck.

Jordan McMillan - Big Lee's understudy, will have to wait his chance, hope he goes on loan.

Andrew Shinnie - Fantastic player, almost 20 and almost wasted, hopefully his loan spell at Dundee shoes Walt he could fit in.

Others - Jamie Ness and Efrem.

Send them on loan if we are never going to play them.

Anyone comments lads? Or others you would like to add?

Jordan McMillan.....not good enough

Andrew Shinnie......lots of potential but a little light-weight

Archie Capmbell.....very small and definately got an eye for goal, too early to say

at 1

The problem with our youngsters is Fleck aside, there isn't really anyone who's oustanding. There are a few with potential Efrem, Stirling, Cole etc but no-one that's anywhere near enough to challenge the first team. Players like Furman, Loy and Lennon all look to have something but are they going to fade away like past youngsters Davidson, McLean, Reidford.....all players who were meant to be the next big thing but they never delivered.

Too many people come on shouting for WS to blood these youngsters and how the club don't have enough hunger to bring them through but if these guys aren't good enough why give them false hope. The club can only do so much, they go into Murray Park and have the best facilities possible but if the players themselves don't have the hunger what can we do. So often you go into Glasgow at the weekend and see them wasted and acting like superstars......i'm not saying these guys have to act like nuns but it's a small commitment on the grand scheme of things to totally focus for a few years and reap the benefits.

The worrying thing that i know WS is trying to address is that we don't really have a reserve team. We have large groups of players at 16, 17 and 19 level then just a hadful of players that are made up by first-teamers or 19's. We have no promising fullbacks at reserve level, no really promising GK's, no outstanding young CB's. If you have a look our reserve players are all very small which is a concern.

In all you can definaltely see the improvement in the youth setup. Upto u17 level things look great......19's alot of potential the not much at reserve level but thats the way it was always going to be because when it as all revamped you have to start with the younger players.

Rant over

I can only but feel when we have young player who have McCulloch and Adam playing ahead of them they might as well look for a new club!

Sadly we have Jordan McMillan who is a great young player.

We have Efrem who was at Arsenal therefore must have some sort of potential.

We then have Aaron who is on loan to us but i feel he will be brilliant and what we have to remember is this lad didnt have a pre season!

Aaron has been given a squad profile and picture and Walter also said that he will play a part this season..

He's not performing in the Reserves.....very inconsistent and regularly make wrong choice. He's has bundles of pace but you have to ask why he was loaned out to a minor Greek team if he is so good.

Efrem might have had potential but he may have not lived upto it.......he's still young though, time will tell.

The major factor that goes against McMillan is that he doesn't really have position. He plays CB and in the midfield, sometimes right back but hasn't cemented himself to one.

I'm sorry but i'd rather have someone like Adam or McCulloch instead of just playing a youngster when he isn't ready or good enough. I don't think anyone has really left Rangers and gone on to greater things. McCormack is doing well at Cardiff but he's a complete knob anyway and can go fuck himself!!

Look at Brian Hodge who played for the U19's at 15 and Rangers offered him the world for him to stay. He was one of the brighest hopes Scotland has had in the last 10 years but signed for Blackburn Rovers for the bright lights of the Premiership.

Where is he now? Floating around League 1 teams and has been freed by 3 for poor attitude and over drinking, even got done for drink driving.

He's not performing in the Reserves.....very inconsistent and regularly make wrong choice. He's has bundles of pace but you have to ask why he was loaned out to a minor Greek team if he is so good.

Efrem might have had potential but he may have not lived upto it.......he's still young though, time will tell.

The major factor that goes against McMillan is that he doesn't really have position. He plays CB and in the midfield, sometimes right back but hasn't cemented himself to one.

I'm sorry but i'd rather have someone like Adam or McCulloch instead of just playing a youngster when he isn't ready or good enough. I don't think anyone has really left Rangers and gone on to greater things. McCormack is doing well at Cardiff but he's a complete knob anyway and can go fuck himself!!

Look at Brian Hodge who played for the U19's at 15 and Rangers offered him the world for him to stay. He was one of the brighest hopes Scotland has had in the last 10 years but signed for Blackburn Rovers for the bright lights of the Premiership.

Where is he now? Floating around League 1 teams and has been freed by 3 for poor attitude and over drinking, even got done for drink driving.

You talk a lot of sense mate. (tu)

(You should maybe look out the old tin hat though, as there are some on here who would prefer to see half the under-19s playing in the 1st team, whether they're good enough or not! :rolleyes: )

Bryan Hodge is also still 21 like our youngsters and still at Blackburn. They've sent him on loan to get experience.