Fernando Ricksen

RangersJamie52

So you can't admit you were wrong and want to pretend that I have accepted something I haven't.

I think people will draw their own conclusions.

I will admit I'm wrong when I am. I have shown you with the facts that you are wrong and a win in France would not have guaranteed a place in the final but you still carry on with this. Fuck knows why. You do admit it with your 'But we didn't lose to CSKA. Why would it have gone any differently?' question. I'll say again, that game came after the away game to Marseille, and we would still have needed a point to make sure we were in the final.

I never used the word "guarantee". The point remains that had we scored one more goal against Marseilles, then we'd have one more point and they'd have one less and we would have been in the final. The other fact is, we did get the point against CSKA and would probably have won it without the pressures, since Moscow hardly attacked that night.

LMFAO...can't belive this. Fact is if we had won in France we would not have been in the final until we got the point we needed against CSKA (if Marseille still won in Bruge).

Yes we did get a point against CSKA and we would almost certainly have got it had we won in France. That's why we were all looking at that match as a *virtual* semi-final. Of course it never was a *real* semi-final as there was still a round of games to be played. Indeed....Marseilles still needed their result in Brugge, and we could still have got there with a win (or even a point) against the Russians, had they failed. We were never at any point 'one goal away from the final' during the 92/93 Champions League.

Yes we were. You're just trying to cover your errors, of which you have just made another.

You're not too good at the old arithmetic are you?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic