I won't quit Rangers...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle5304268.ece

Madjid Bougherra denies move away from Rangers

Phil Gordon

Madjid Bougherra has dismissed suggestions that he will be making his fourth move in three seasons by leaving Rangers to return to the French league. The Algeria defender has been linked with Marseilles but he insists he has no plans to leave Ibrox during the January transfer window.

Bougherra helped Rangers to a 7-1 success against Hamilton Academical on Saturday and his impressive displays in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League have not gone unnoticed either in France, where he began his career, or England, where he played for Crewe Alexandra, Sheffield Wednesday and Charlton Athletic.

The centre-back cost Walter Smith £2.5 million in August but the Rangers manager has admitted recently that he may have to reduce his squad. But Bougherra said: “I’m staying here, I am very comfortable here. I have an agent but he never calls me until January or the end of a season. However, I have told him that I am very happy here and that I want to stay.”

Rangers won despite gifting a goal to James McArthur after just two minutes, which was in the same vein of defensive charity that contributed to a the 2-1 defeat at Heart of Midlothian the previous weekend. Bougherra said his side cannot do the same when they travel to Tannadice this weekend to face Dundee United.

Related Links

Bougherra loving the life at Rangers

Old Firm passion? Try playing for Algeria

“It’s important we don’t lose an early goal there,” he said. “That’s been a big problem and we will be working on that this week. We have to do better in the first 20 minutes. We have to be on our game right from the start. Concentration is the problem. We have to get into the game quickly.

“It was very important that Kenny Miller got the goal so quickly because if the score had stayed 1-0 for a long time, Hamilton would have sat back. But we knew what we had to do and with the fans behind us we did it. Kenny started it and the team followed him.

“When Hamilton scored we could hear our fans and they were very angry. But when Kenny scored quickly, the crowd got behind us and we tried to play football. When we do that, the game is easy for us.

“Miller and Boyd will score a lot of goals. Kenny is the kind of player who runs everywhere, trying things everywhere while Boydy is a clever striker. They have a good partnership and that’s good for us.”

looked explosive running forth but the paper said in the match stats that he had a really bad game, i thought he looked like a midfielder the way he broke forward, gets forward better than our wingbacks.