Defence is awful

simplythebest

I wonder if the same people giving Whittaker abuse now (after a sustained 2 game run in his proper position) are the same people who were calling Broadfoot shite after his first 2 games run in the first team.

I have been giving both abuse consistently; Whittaker before he was bought because he was so poor defensively with Hibs that he lost his place at right back and was being touted about for a third of the price we paid.Broadfoot because he has no balance and is unable to make even the simplest of passes.

My opinion has never changed; both should be nowhere near a Rangers team.

Fair enough mate. I still think Whittaker could make the position his own, but I'm not sure we have that kind of time.

Without Bougherra or when Bougherra's having a bad game (ie hearts) the defence is shocking. Weir is finished, Whittaker is clearly shite, Broadfoot has gotten too big for his boots and even Papac is starting to drop form a bit. A bit of surgery is seriously needed there, certainly at least one centre half whether it be Tonel or someone else decent.

By "defence" I think you should say "McGregor"...he was at fault for both goals...AGAIN.

How many goals does he need to give away before Smith drops him? Must be at least 8 this season aleady.

I will say it again...any ball that crosses the 6 yard box MUST be the keepers !!

Without Bougherra or when Bougherra's having a bad game (ie hearts) the defence is shocking. Weir is finished, Whittaker is clearly shite, Broadfoot has gotten too big for his boots and even Papac is starting to drop form a bit. A bit of surgery is seriously needed there, certainly at least one centre half whether it be Tonel or someone else decent.

By "defence" I think you should say "McGregor"...he was at fault for both goals...AGAIN.

How many goals does he need to give away before Smith drops him? Must be at least 8 this season aleady.

I will say it again...any ball that crosses the 6 yard box MUST be the keepers !!

Yes Goram and Klos were rubbish as well. :rolleyes:

Yep I totally agree. Its the defence thats going to cost us the title this season. Weir's loosing it and Bougherra's (in my opinion) mediocre. Not to mention we are playing to Centre Backs at RB and LB. Bring back Cuellar and Hutton and we will have some team (unlikely I know)!

All our three full backs are susceptible to allowing a winger to send over crosses. Whittaker especially. Its been seen time and time again.

Weir is losing it at CH too.

Surely McMillan and others should be considered?

McGregor: He is TERRIFIED at coming out for a cross. The DU second goal was definitely in the 6 yard box. Both Weir and McCulloch should have defended the cross too. McGregor must learn to control the 6 yard box. Otherwise Alexander must come in.

it just show's how much we miss Cuellar.

How many UEFA Cup clean sheets did we have last season ? all down to Carlos clearing everything that came his way. Without him, our defending looks like a Benny Hill sketch at times

If we are to win the championship, the defence needs to be looked at because teams are just going to throw the ball into the box now because we can't deal with high balls and thats a BIG problem in football, never mind scotland, a league based on many long balls and balls whipped into the box. You have to give the forwards a chance to win games and if you are conceding 2 goals a game, then its impossible. Lafferty's goal for example should of been the winner. Feeney should never of gotten that space to head home.

It needs to be sorted because the gap could of been cut back to 2 points and with Celtic game coming up soon as well.