Defence is awful

simplythebest

Without Bougherra or when Bougherra's having a bad game (ie hearts) the defence is shocking. Weir is finished, Whittaker is clearly shite, Broadfoot has gotten too big for his boots and even Papac is starting to drop form a bit. A bit of surgery is seriously needed there, certainly at least one centre half whether it be Tonel or someone else decent.

Without Bougherra or when Bougherra's having a bad game (ie hearts) the defence is shocking. Weir is finished, Whittaker is clearly shite, Broadfoot has gotten too big for his boots and even Papac is starting to drop form a bit. A bit of surgery is seriously needed there, certainly at least one centre half whether it be Tonel or someone else decent.

Weir is finished, no doubt about that. I still don't see how Broadfoot is getting "too big for his boots" though.

I'm afraid Whittaker is fast approaching the last chance saloon. He's getting a run in his preferred position but is poor. He's got some talent going forward but is weak defensively. :(

agreed, I thought he would have been good player for us, but he has been poor in defense

Weir is finished, no doubt about that. I still don't see how Broadfoot is getting "too big for his boots" though.

(tu)

Perhaps broadfoot is getting too big for his boots by NOT being shit? I dont know, I dunno, the lad works extra hard, probably our most consistant performer, and, still gets slated for doing his job and covering for weir and whittaker today

Well since he scored for a Scotland i think hes been a bit big headed and not played as well. Before he seemed to have the mentality that he was lucky to be here and playing every game but now we're hearing stuff about him demaing a new contract, whether it be true or not.

Having said all that hes not the worst of the problems in defence, i'm just not entirely happy with any of them right now.

Had my doubts when I saw Bougherra wouldn´t be playing today. If an opposing team would try to run at todays central defense it could easily rip it to shreds. Luckily Dundee Utd played down the wings and hit crosses into the box, that kind of tactic should be easy to defend against, and still they let in two bad goals.

A replacement for Weir should be top priority in january IMHO.

I'm afraid Whittaker is fast approaching the last chance saloon. He's getting a run in his preferred position but is poor. He's got some talent going forward but is weak defensively. :(

2nd game in a row? thats not a run haha

:rolleyes: "getting".

Had my doubts when I saw Bougherra wouldn´t be playing today. If an opposing team would try to run at todays central defense it could easily rip it to shreds. Luckily Dundee Utd played down the wings and hit crosses into the box, that kind of tactic should be easy to defend against, and still they let in two bad goals.

A replacement for Weir should be top priority in january IMHO.

fuck this clear out pish get Tonel in the door on the first day of the window then concentrate on the bargain basement sale

Weir is finished and Broadfoot and Whittaker are simply not good enough. McCulloch is never a CB, infact he's never a footballer, Dailly is crap and will be away in the near future and I have been dissapointed with Papac.

We need a RB, CB(possibly 2) and a LB!

I wonder if the same people giving Whittaker abuse now (after a sustained 2 game run in his proper position) are the same people who were calling Broadfoot shite after his first 2 games run in the first team.

I have been giving both abuse consistently; Whittaker before he was bought because he was so poor defensively with Hibs that he lost his place at right back and was being touted about for a third of the price we paid.Broadfoot because he has no balance and is unable to make even the simplest of passes.

My opinion has never changed; both should be nowhere near a Rangers team.

Rubbish again, Broadfoot and weir did well today and the blame for the goals lie at Whittaker and Shaggers door.

What did McGregor do wrong at the goals? Baffling!

Hes got a 6 yard box he should command it (tu)

Mind you im just home since i went tae Dundee this morning so havent seen the replays or fuck all.