Has this comment slipped under the radar?

Polo

Was it Walter who said it?

In what context?

Rangers manager Walter Smith is prepared to shed up to 10 players between now and the summer.

While stressing that transfer targets would still be pursued, Smith signalled a likely cull of his 28-man pool.

However, Smith refused to confirm whether fringe men had been told they could leave in January.

"If we had a group of 18 to 20 with a few younger players who are almost ready, I think you would be looking at a decent number," said Smith.

Christian Dailly, Steven Smith and Brahim Hemdani have not had a look in this season, while Lee McCulloch and Charlie Adam have been used sparingly.

It is not the first time Smith has addressed the need to trim his staff, but he insisted there was no certainty anyone would depart next month.

"I kept reading that everybody said we have a squad of 28 players and that's too big, so it would be natural to assume that we will possibly lose a few players," he said.

"How do we know whether we are going to lose any players or not in the transfer window? Will somebody come in for them? Nobody knows.

"What I said was 'having 28 players, we would naturally have to lose a few before we bring some in'. That would be obvious.

"The reason we have 28 players is fairly natural. When you come in and you make changes, you build up a squad. Contractually, you have to keep them.

"So we reach a stage where we know we have to adjust that if we can.

"Even if we don't lose a player and there is maybe a certain player comes available for a specific position we are looking for then we would try and add to that if we could."

Kenny Miller has enjoyed regular game time since his summer arrival, but the striker can appreciate the frustration felt by those who have been overlooked.

"The players know we have a big squad," said the Scotland international.

"We know everyone is not going to play, so it's about trying to keep it together.

"We do that, we all want to win and get the title back this year.

"I've been in the position myself where you are not playing and you want to play first-team football.

"So I don't think anyone at the club, if anyone wanted to move on for that reason, would hold it against them."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/7779840.stm

The key words to me are 'almost ready'.

There are probably two ways of interpreting those words -

1. He means none of them are ready yet. FFS he's a dino; or

2. He means they're almost ready and will be looking to introduce them into the first team.

Unfortunately most will go for interpretation 1 ;)

I'd prefer to go for interpretation 2 (tu)

The keywords to me are PSG.

Le Geun stuck by his youth policy o'er there last season & just about dropped outta the top division. He has since brought in older heads. Arsenal too have a young squad; anybody on here betting on them winning the EPL. Take home message, the RFC support want success & immediately, no allowance for bringing them through. When the money man's dead, the young will get a shout. Til then, support yer club.