I need a new keyboard

Snow-White

Ok so I broke my Logitech G15 Rev. 1 last week by spilling water over it :anguish:

Now I am looking at buying a new keyboard but not sure what I should get.

I don't particularly like the new G15 Rev. 2, looks too much like a space ship plus the keys are orange.

I was looking at the Razor Lycosa too.

Do you guys have any recommendations? I don't want to spend more than £100 though.

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Saitek-PK17...rogrammable-Key

I love my saitek. DOn't have this version tho.

TBH i bought a cheap keyboard for my new PC and then i realized how much better a keyboard with a good backlight is. Makes the world of difference. I'm constantly pressing the wrong buttons this shite keyboard.

Yeh a backlight is a MUST. Once you go backlight you never go back :craphead:

I am not a fan of Saitek, I don't like their style. Thanks for the recommendation though (tu)

I actually just saw this one

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Logitech-Di...USB-11-20-Black

What do you think?

Yeah that saitek is pretty ugly tbh.

100 quid for a keyboard....I think there's plenty high end keyboards for around half that price that will easily do a great job for years.

BTW if you buy something from scan there's a way of getting free postage. http://www.avforums.com/ Join that forum and post 20 times and you get free postage on any basket over 20 quid. Saves a bundle. Bought all my PC components in one go last month and saved a good 20 quid on postage.

Yeah that saitek is pretty ugly tbh.

100 quid for a keyboard....I think there's plenty high end keyboards for around half that price that will easily do a great job for years.

BTW if you buy something from scan there's a way of getting free postage. http://www.avforums.com/ Join that forum and post 20 times and you get free postage on any basket over 20 quid. Saves a bundle. Bought all my PC components in one go last month and saved a good 20 quid on postage.

(tu) cheers

whatever you do bud dont buy the lycosa,3 of my friends have them and all 3 have developed the same problems within a month of each other,random keys dont work sometimes a restart fixes it,headphone port has an unbelievable amount of static coming through them and the amount of dust the motherfucker gathers up is amazing,you just polish it and you can actually see it sooking dust towards it lol

for a cheap and cheerfull good gaming keyboard id recommend the microsoft reclusa its got backlighting too,great keyboard and not very pricey at all,its not what i have but ive used it a fair bit at a friends and its very comfortable and stylish (tu)

im using a logitech media elite but only for typing,i use a belkin nostromo n52te for gaming :)

I've got a G15 rev 2, but I wouldn't really recommend it. It's a bit much really and rather gimmicky.

My friend has a Microsoft 'Reclusa', and quite apart from having an awesome name, is really nice. Lovely blue backlight too :)

Can someone explain what a G15 keyboard is?

Sounds pretty funky but it's all going over my head.

I really shouldn't have stopped my over-enthusiastic interest in computers. Got a PS2 like 7 years ago and only really used the PC for Champy and the internet and kinda lost interest in PC gaming.

Got back into it recently but I've got a lot of catching up to do. I remember building my own Pentium 133 with 32MB of RAM :D

I got the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard I think it's called for Xmas.

It is a fantastic keyboard, best I've ever used.

you got it for xmas but dont know the name? id hazard a guess that if you looked down while you were typing that post you couldve accuratly described it :P

I do know the name. http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/keyboard...40&cl=US,EN

As I said, the Logitech Illumiinated Keyboard :P

hahaha lucky guess :P

thats pretty smart,but by christ is it thin,id snap that in one of my fits when things dont go my way on a game.

It's a tuff wee fucker tbh :)

It's also heavy as. I think there's a steel plate inside it to reinforce it.

• 2 weeks later...
Ok so I broke my Logitech G15 Rev. 1 last week by spilling water over it :anguish:

Now I am looking at buying a new keyboard but not sure what I should get.

I don't particularly like the new G15 Rev. 2, looks too much like a space ship plus the keys are orange.

I was looking at the Razor Lycosa too.

Do you guys have any recommendations? I don't want to spend more than £100 though.

Get the lycosa ;)

• 2 weeks later...