Hazy Memories of Bryan Gunn running the full length of Ibrox in the 80s

Tontospal

With his appointment at Norwich today I have vague memories of this game/incident.

IIRC there was a fairly big crowd at Ibrox for this evening reserve cup final.

It may have been the second leg but I vaguely remember Gunn scoring or saving a penalty (at the CoplanD Rd end) and then taking off with his teammates in full pursuit.

Does anyone else remember this?

With his appointment at Norwich today I have vague memories of this game/incident.

It may have been the second leg but I vaguely remember Gunn scoring or saving a penalty (at the CoplanD Rd end) and then taking off with his teammates in full pursuit.

Who cares

Who cares

It may come as a surprise but some of us actually supported the club before it became Murray Rangers.

It is a sad day and a true reflection of some of our support when such a response is posted to a post reminiscing about a Rangers reserve game from the 80s.

I was hoping someone with a better memory could provide details of the teams/game.

It was around the period that Durrant, Derek Ferguson, Hugh Burns, Eric Ferguson, Billy Davies may have been in the reserves.

Aberdeen had a very strong squad at this time whereas we were poor and struggling for silverware, hence the big crowd for a reserve game.

Who cares

It may come as a surprise but some of us actually supported the club before it became Murray Rangers.

It is a sad day and a true reflection of some of our support when such a response is posted to a post reminiscing about a Rangers reserve game from the 80s.

I was hoping someone with a better memory could provide details of the teams/game.

It was around the period that Durrant, Derek Ferguson, Hugh Burns, Eric Ferguson, Billy Davies may have been in the reserves.

Aberdeen had a very strong squad at this time whereas we were poor and struggling for silverware, hence the big crowd for a reserve game.

That's difficult for someone like me who was born in 1989 :lol: But what I didn't realise was that it wasn't even Murray who got us out of the mess we were in. It was Derek Holmes who brought in Souness.

Who cares

That's difficult for someone like me who was born in 1989 :lol: But what I didn't realise was that it wasn't even Murray who got us out of the mess we were in. It was Derek Holmes who brought in Souness.

Don't want to be pedantic but it's David Holmes.

As for Murray, just remember he's the one who got is in to this financial mess - Again.