Some timing all the same this manchester stuff Eh . . .

BLUEDIGNITY

No disrespect but your responses get more and more naive as the thread goes along.

In the eyes of the world they are Rangers fans and most people would come to this reasonable conclusion based on the facts and available evidence.

I think if you read my posts you will find that where I have put 2 and 2 together it is justified.

Do you honestly believe that Mancs, Cockneys, Scousers or whoever would buy Rangers shirts and colours to merge in a riot? If they are traditional hooligans as such then they don't even where their own colours so they wouldn't be seen dead in ours.

As for 'firms' from other teams being in town. I doubt this very much for the sole reason that I have not heard of any 'firms' fighting with each other and that would undoubtedly have been the case had they turned up in numbers.

I would put money on it that the majority of the 49 and the other hundreds who have evaded the GMP are Scottish, 'Rangers' fans. They may not have season tickets or go to games but if you asked them what team they supported I'm pretty sure that the answer would be Rangers.

I can understand you sticking up for Rangers. We've all done that but there comes a time when some things just cannot be defended.

If it is proven that these thugs are not Rangers fans I'll apologise and buy you a pint but I'm afraid that's not the case.

I hope it is shown in court that these thugs are English and have no connection to Rangers but I sincerely doubt that this will be the case.

What will be interesting is what evidence they have against the 49. If any of them are found guilty of attacking the policeman then I would imagine that they will be facing a lengthy prison sentence.

Its not naive, I prefer to give my own the benefit of the doubt, rather than diciding their fate on the things I am told. I also agree some things cant be defended, however, I think I am coming from the polar opposite perspective to you, in that, I will wait til proven guilty, rather than the other way round, and, with all the will in the world, hopefully the end result becomes the same. The downside is that, we may very well find out, sadly, that it was our own.

Pints are always welcome, and I am sure I would return one or 2 ;)

No disrespect but your responses get more and more naive as the thread goes along.

In the eyes of the world they are Rangers fans and most people would come to this reasonable conclusion based on the facts and available evidence.

I think if you read my posts you will find that where I have put 2 and 2 together it is justified.

Do you honestly believe that Mancs, Cockneys, Scousers or whoever would buy Rangers shirts and colours to merge in a riot? If they are traditional hooligans as such then they don't even where their own colours so they wouldn't be seen dead in ours.

As for 'firms' from other teams being in town. I doubt this very much for the sole reason that I have not heard of any 'firms' fighting with each other and that would undoubtedly have been the case had they turned up in numbers.

I would put money on it that the majority of the 49 and the other hundreds who have evaded the GMP are Scottish, 'Rangers' fans. They may not have season tickets or go to games but if you asked them what team they supported I'm pretty sure that the answer would be Rangers.

I can understand you sticking up for Rangers. We've all done that but there comes a time when some things just cannot be defended.

If it is proven that these thugs are not Rangers fans I'll apologise and buy you a pint but I'm afraid that's not the case.

I hope it is shown in court that these thugs are English and have no connection to Rangers but I sincerely doubt that this will be the case.

What will be interesting is what evidence they have against the 49. If any of them are found guilty of attacking the policeman then I would imagine that they will be facing a lengthy prison sentence.

Its not naive, I prefer to give my own the benefit of the doubt, rather than diciding their fate on the things I am told. I also agree some things cant be defended, however, I think I am coming from the polar opposite perspective to you, in that, I will wait til proven guilty, rather than the other way round, and, with all the will in the world, hopefully the end result becomes the same. The downside is that, we may very well find out, sadly, that it was our own.

Pints are always welcome, and I am sure I would return one or 2 ;)

Unfortunately although the majority of our fans, as with the rest of the population, are decent law abiding people there is an element who are always likely to be involved in incidents like this given the opportunity.

The sad thing is that in 9 away European ties there was no arrests and that is lost amongst the press coverage of Manchester.

I presume that the GMP have some strong evidence against those wanted.

I think Donald Findlay would do well to get some of them off.

"The sad thing is that in 9 away European ties there was no arrests and that is lost amongst the press coverage of Manchester."

Thats part of the reason I question events, as, this has generally been the case with us for some time, so, the Manchester event was, pretty out of character, although I am well aware that certain individuals with banning orders etc, could easily have attended, it still seems odd.

I am unsure as to what they have or not. Perhaps they are clutching at straws? Hoping for a break maybe