***Premier League Darts Thread***

Tumshie

The Premier League returns this Thursday and I can't wait. Going to Edinburgh and Glasgow this year and hopefully someone can give Phil Taylor a run for his money.

This weeks fixtures

John Part v James Wade

Jelle Klassen v Terry Jenkins

Mervyn King v Wayne Mardle

Phil Taylor v Barney

As much as I'm a huge Barney fan can't see Taylor losing

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paid 20 quid a pop for the tickets mate. Worth it. We couldn't get tables this year. Its just a fookin great night

Me and the mates were wanting to go, i'm going to keep searching for tickets (tu)

Does look a brilliant night, love the darts.

went to the wembley 1 last year and it is just an amazin nite out. its weird watchin it without hearin sid waddell's commentary tho lol. ur literally goin to watch a screen and listen to the nnouncer. but great nite, there was a massive conga train goin round the arena after about the second match

THERE'S ONLY OOOOOOOOOOOONE WAYNEY MARDLE!!!

love the darts, but dont have sky sports ffs, i have to make do with the odd tourney that is shown on itv4 like at the weekend.

_ if taylor plays like he did sunday night there is always a chance of someone stealing a win. i say he played badly but i believe his average 3 darts was 95+

Roll up for the mystery tour

THE Premier League of darts kicked off with a tour on the Magical Mystery Tour bus in Liverpool - as the PDC grabbed two more big-name passengers.

Phil Taylor starts the defence of his four successive Whyte & Mackay titles tonight at the Liverpool Arena with £125,000 winning prize cheque up for grabs.

But the big shock is that former BDO world champ Mark Webster is set to rock the sport by joining their rivals PDC alongside talented Scots star Gary Anderson.

Webster, the 2008 Lakeside winner, will now take on the elite stars of the PDC including Taylor, James Wade Raymond van Barneveld and John Part.

The Welshman, 25, will make his switch official with a live signing on Sky Sports tonight - while Anderson is set to do the same at the Edinburgh round next Thursday.

A PDC insider told me: “Mark feels it’s time that he played for big money and gets more out of the sport.

“He’s worked incredibly hard to get this far and won the BDO world title but doesn’t feel he can get the rewards anywhere else but on the PDC circuit.

“Mark has been getting a plumbing apprenticeship finished away from the oche and he thinks the time is right to make the move.”

Webster’s switch means the PDC now boast SIX world champs with Taylor, Van Barneveld, Part, Priestley, Webster and Andy Fordham who made the move across from the BDO last month.

Highly-rated Scot Andersen - now based in Somerset - will make the same move in seven days time - which is another devastating blow for the BDO line-up.

Anderson has missed out on the Lakeside world title but has show excellent form in reaching two Grand Slam semi-finals over the past two years.

Meanwhile Taylor - who has racked up £187,000 in prize money already in 2009 - believes it will need something very special for him not to take his fifth Premier League title.

The 14-times world champ was joined by his fellow PL stars on the iconic bus ride round Liverpool before tonight’s opener in front of 8,000 fans.

He said: “I love this tournament and someone will have to play out of their skin, jockstrap and boots to stop me winning it.

“I’m still hungry for success, I never stop wanting to win. I’m just very greedy.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle2208857.ece

Mark Webster, Gary Anderson and Andy Fordham all joining the PDC (tu)

R.I.P BDO :rip:

love the darts, but dont have sky sports ffs, i have to make do with the odd tourney that is shown on itv4 like at the weekend.

_ if taylor plays like he did sunday night there is always a chance of someone stealing a win. i say he played badly but i believe his average 3 darts was 95+

Sky shmy.

http://www.myp2p.eu/broadcast.php?matchid=...amp;part=sports

Bottom link is decent.

that was a good match there. i fancied the bull to take it when 6-5 up but it was a great match

Yep, cracking match, no prisoners taken...

Some nice finishes by Jenkins, when he was looking down & out.