Aluko will get new contract

:lol: Bastards,where's mines?

I said I thought he would do us a turn.

Aye, there were a few of us who posted about he'd be a good player for us. That cunt of a poster in his quest to embarass fellow fans chose to leave our comments out.

Nothing particular he said, maybe he just has a penchant for understatement. Usually we get gushy praise from players, he hasn't.

Anyway, he's been the catalyst we needed since Naismith got injured and I hope Ally is doing everything he can to make him want to stay and play.

Quicker we get out of administration the quicker we can get these lads signed up and feeling secure again. I heard rumours of something happening this week, fingers crossed

That's rubbish mate, do you not follow him on Twitter? He's always going on about how he loves Rangers fans and how we love him. The other day after the OF he was saying that was one thing off his Bucket List and how happy he was etc.

He just wanted to play for a big club IMO and he's found the one for him.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, there were a few of us who posted about he'd be a good player for us. That cunt of a poster in his quest to embarass fellow fans chose to leave our comments out.

That's rubbish mate, do you not follow him on Twitter? He's always going on about how he loves Rangers fans and how we love him. The other day after the OF he was saying that was one thing off his Bucket List and how happy he was etc.

He just wanted to play for a big club IMO and he's found the one for him.

Fair play, happy to stand corrected. Don't follow Twitter much, maybe I should....

but he was a sheep shagger. He isn't rangers class :rolleyes:

bargains like this have been leaving the spl for years and we have ignored them to our detriment

That is so true ex Hamilton kids McCarthy an McCarthur ran the show v Liverpool at the weekend, Dorrans, Snodgrass etc etc all would do a turn, we need to catch them as 500k players not three years down the line when their value has multiplied, Aluko never got the open arm welcome from the fans, he is to the manor born.

What a ridiculous twat. I posted those comments to have a laugh. Of course, people like AlanCompton, WaltersGotStyle and Gunslinger got it 100% saying Aluko would be a huge player for us. I don't know if you have some contempt for me, or maybe you don't have a sense of humor. Sorry in that case.

Play Naismith from the right!

We've tried him upfront numerous times, he can play there and is a threat but he's a far better player coming from the right or left and linking up with a striker.

Aluko plays the 'in the hole' role really well, but I don't really see that being a problem if we play Naismith on the right. Good players will link-up, because they are good players no matter where you play them.

Davis Edu

Naismith Aluko ?

?

I think that'll work brilliantly, if we get the right striker especially.

Although I would also think we need to be patient with Naismith. He's had another long term injury and to get him to pick up from where he left off right away will be a big ask. Took him about another season to recapture any type of form the last time he was out long term.

That is so true ex Hamilton kids McCarthy an McCarthur ran the show v Liverpool at the weekend, Dorrans, Snodgrass etc etc all would do a turn, we need to catch them as 500k players not three years down the line when their value has multiplied, Aluko never got the open arm welcome from the fans, he is to the manor born.

tbf McCarthy and McArthur always looked like players who belonged at a higher level. Had it not been for a bank imposed transfer ban I think McArthur would have been a Rangers players long before he moved to Wigan.

Although a few have slipped through the net we managed to keep Thomson, Whittaker, Aluko, Naismith & Boyd in Scottish football for a number of years, when they could have probably headed south for better money too but sadly the only upside is that because these guys played in the league we are based in we had to pay over the odds to get them.

Everybody talks about MacKay-Steven & Russell on here, but I think there are a number of talented younger players in Scotland who would flourish if they were given the opportunity to make the step up.

tbf McCarthy and McArthur always looked like players who belonged at a higher level. Had it not been for a bank imposed transfer ban I think McArthur would have been a Rangers players long before he moved to Wigan.

Although a few have slipped through the net we managed to keep Thomson, Whittaker, Aluko, Naismith & Boyd in Scottish football for a number of years, when they could have probably headed south for better money too but sadly the only upside is that because these guys played in the league we are based in we had to pay over the odds to get them.

Everybody talks about MacKay-Steven & Russell on here, but I think there are a number of talented younger players in Scotland who would flourish if they were given the opportunity to make the step up.

I agree with this. Some people are too quick to drool over foreigners when there are just as good players right here in Scotland. Who do you think would make it at Rangers from the current SPL clubs?

I agree with this. Some people are too quick to drool over foreigners when there are just as good players right here in Scotland. Who do you think would make it at Rangers from the current SPL clubs?

Outside of the guys who are regularly mentioned (Templeton, Mclean, Russell, GMS, Murphy) I think Keith Watson, Andrew Shinnie, Johnnny Hayes, Andrew Shinnie, Ben Gordon, Ryan Jack, Fraser Fyvie, Liam Kelly & Murray Davidson all have potential and would all become better players if they joined us.

Some of these are pretty bold but I also think guys like Ryan McGowan, Nicky Law, Paul O'Hanlon & David Wotherspoon (both look like far better players when they play for Scotland U21's) Robert Milsolm (was one of Aberdeen's better players before he got injured) & Nigel Hasselbaink (very direct and versatile) could also develop into better players who come on to the radar if they keep getting regular games over the next 12-18 months.

I also think guys like Kari Arnason, Darren McGregor & Dean Shiels would be good players for us too (although they are slightly older) although I think all threee of them would be seen as underwhelming signings.

Outside of the guys who are regularly mentioned (Templeton, Mclean, Russell, GMS, Murphy) I think Keith Watson, Andrew Shinnie, Johnnny Hayes, Andrew Shinnie, Ben Gordon, Ryan Jack, Fraser Fyvie, Liam Kelly & Murray Davidson all have potential and would all become better players if they joined us.

Some of these are pretty bold but I also think guys like Ryan McGowan, Nicky Law, Paul O'Hanlon & David Wotherspoon (both look like far better players when they play for Scotland U21's) Robert Milsolm (was one of Aberdeen's better players before he got injured) & Nigel Hasselbaink (very direct and versatile) could also develop into better players who come on to the radar if they keep getting regular games over the next 12-18 months.

I also think guys like Kari Arnason, Darren McGregor & Dean Shiels would be good players for us too (although they are slightly older) although I think all threee of them would be seen as underwhelming signings.

Agreed with the names in bold. I assume one of the Andrew Shinnie's is supposed to be Graeme Shinnie? To be honest I think some of them are pish (Hasselbaink especially) but others are good shouts for players that we could surely acquire on the cheap, although the arsehole chairmen in the SPL would no doubt charge us inflated fees or not sell to us at all.

While I agree that these players would be good players for us playing in the SPL, we need to be thinking bigger than that. In a normal, no tax case stuff, situation, we need to be signing players who are going to at least be good enough to qualify for the Champions League group stages and ideally do well enough in it or the Europa League to ensure we still have it the following year. The players you mentioned aren't good enough for that.

The way forward for us, and the new owners, is not to go out buying 8 average players, a bit like what we did this season (although granted, we needed some numbers this season) but to go out and buy one or two quality players every season. Easier said than done but put a few million towards a couple players, players that will really improve the starting 11 like we did with Jelavic.

Bring players through like Wilson, Ness, McCabe, Fleck etc and have a good player for nothing, or sell them on for big money. There's no point in buying lots of average players, add some quality. We will probably end up being a feeder club to England but buy someone like Jelavic for £4m, sell him (for what should have been) £8m, buy someone else for £3m and so on... Always making money and bringing in good players.

Like I said, easier said than done but we shouldn't be making numbers up with our signings.

We badly missed out on a bargain with McArthur, he went for about 400K the season we spent £4 million on Jelavic. Don't think there is any excuses for not bidding for the lad that summer. He wasn't really in Wigan's plans until recently and could have possibly got him on loan last summer.

As for your list of players, I agree with most of them but I think the likes of Murray Davidson, O'Hanlon, Wotherspoon, Hasselbaink and McGregor are pretty poor-average. Murphy looks completely out of his depth against the Old Firm, vastly over-hyped on this site.

Keith Watson would be one of my first summer targets, fantastic talent, IMO.

I wanted us to sign McArthur for a long time and I always felt that one would come back to bite us on the arse :(

I'm in the minority, but I like Davidson & McGregor. I think Davidson is just at a stage now where he needs a move to really start pressing on again & it was unfortunate that McGregor went down with that ACL injury so early on the campaign because I really wanted to see if he could push on aftte ra decnet debut season. O'Hanlon, Hasselbaink & Wotherspoon are scraping the barrell as they are all below average for Hibs (although they look like really decent players when they are playing for Scotland so I'm not quite sure if that's a simply in need of a move thing either) Hasselbaink is fairly poor at this point and probably shouldn't ahve been included. It's been a long day and I'm tired.

Watson's a really good player, he just needs to prove that he can stay fit for a decent period of time and he'll quickly win a move away. I really like Ben Gordon too. I wonder what you'd pay for the two of them.