SPL clubs breaking rank as we speak

trevelyan

Taken from VB front page :cgreen:

What if.....hypothetically....? PDF Print E-mail

Written by Admin

Sunday, 23 September 2012 18:28

As the statutes demand that the SPL in its current guise must run with a 12 Club membership, what if not one, not two but say three of the current SPL Clubs decided that they were unhappy and decided to withdraw their SPL Membership due to the current hostilities shown towards Rangers FC, and that regards their own Clubs they are also unhappy / disgruntled at the treatment meted out to them when they were threatened by certain parties if they did not toe the party line?

Would the SPL offer 3 clubs from the SFL instant membership leaving this open to conflict with the SFL Hierarchy?

Interesting times ahead...

....watch this space.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Three SPL clubs withdrawing membership due to the harsh treatment handed out to us? Find this hard to believe! For a start, their finances have already taken a massive hit by kicking us tu the league, why would they then destroy themselves by getting rid of the remaining money pot they have. Also, to use 'the treatment rangers have had' as the main reason clubs would withdraw a membership is ridiculous aswell!

If turns out to be true my apologies will be heard, however I don't see it being true!!

I read a statement from VB recently and they stated they deal only in facts, not rumours.

i prefer they didnt publish this tbh - it certainly seems like rumour, and not mention, incredibily far fetched. Do we honestly think clubs in the SPL would resign because of how we have been treated? REALLY?

I read a statement from VB recently and they stated they deal only in facts, not rumours.

i prefer they didnt publish this tbh - it certainly seems like rumour, and not mention, incredibily far fetched. Do we honestly think clubs in the SPL would resign because of how we have been treated? REALLY?

If the SPL clubs are aware of re structuring in the pipe line then this could force it through sooner rather than later.

Just a thought

It's will be down to money and nothing to do with harsh treatment of us.

Id go with those clubs as well. It makes absolutely no sense for SPL clubs in financial disarray to continually kick the biggest club in the land. They need us desperately to survive.

It also makes no financial sense for any of those clubs to now withdraw from the SPL!

It also makes no financial sense for any of those clubs to now withdraw from the SPL!

Yes, I agree. I do not think withdrawing their membership is a realistic outcome. I do think that clubs in the SPL are slightly baffled at the agenda of a certain few clubs within their structure, and are beginning to find their voice. The SFL now have the number 1 asset in the game within their organisation, and while that remains, the SPL will limp along.

(tu) these clubs new the cost off loosing Rangers why would they now withdraw from the spl,it would be financial suicide.If they didn't agree with our treatment they should have spoken out when they had the chance,hope I'm wrong but sounds far fetched

Agreed.

And with clubs having to give 2 seasons notice before they can leave it makes no sense to withdraw as Rangers will be back in the SPL in 2 seasons time anyway.

These clubs are about to be hit with a massive legal bill so as celtic can steal 5 titles from Rangers. It would be understandable if some of them didn't feel compelled to lay out this cash.

Im sure i read the legal bill currently stood at over £1m. That will soar if we take them into a real court where they may be asked to pay our costs if we win our case.

Taken from VB front page :cgreen:

What if.....hypothetically....? PDFPrintE-mail

Written by Admin

Sunday, 23 September 2012 18:28

As the statutes demand that the SPL in its current guise must run with a 12 Club membership, what if not one, not two but say three of the current SPL Clubs decided that they were unhappy and decided to withdraw their SPL Membership due to the current hostilities shown towards Rangers FC, and that regards their own Clubs they are also unhappy / disgruntled at the treatment meted out to them when they were threatened by certain parties if they did not toe the party line?

Would the SPL offer 3 clubs from the SFL instant membership leaving this open to conflict with the SFL Hierarchy?

Interesting times ahead...

....watch this space.

In your dreams,ALL the sphell fans are dickheads :wanker: and hate us.

Forget about Celic and the Sheepdipper supporters, it's in their nature to hate us, but we didn't expect it from the rest of them :wanker: .

As much as i would wish this to be true, i just really cannot see any club in the SPL breaking away.

They might make their voices heard at meetings but will stop short of breaking away or speaking out publically.

In saying that stranger things have happened, so who knows?

What i can see is that the more the real truth starts to unravel regarding the obvious witch hunt against us, then slowly but surely even the decent fans of other clubs out there will start to make their feelings be known,especially when it starts to affect their own clubs.