The bank balance

Ecosse123

We were in a near fatal coach crash. Do we really want to give the keys back to the folk that nearly drove us off a cliff in the first place ?

What makes us think the drivers have learned anything from the first time around ?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We are losing 1 million a month ? That is a total myth, the figure was down to having to pay back all the football debt, buying Edminston and the Albion etc.

We might get a wee surprise bonus payment in the shape of 5 Million or so for the cunts that walked out on the club.

If we can get rid of some high earners in the summer, the bank balance should be pretty healthy come the start of the season.

Wonder what our chances are of finding buyers for Goian and Bocanegra, somebody to take them off our books even.

How exactly do we get rid of the high earners.

We are losing 1 million a month ? That is a total myth, the figure was down to having to pay back all the football debt, buying Edminston and the Albion etc.

We might get a wee surprise bonus payment in the shape of 5 Million or so for the cunts that walked out on the club.

The Albion and ed house were not included in the loss. They were expenses after the accounts.

How exactly do we get rid of the high earners.

Neil's contract is finished, Goian and Bocanegra have both been playing football at a higher level they might be saleable or a least interesting as free transfers. Bit hard to see anybody else moving to be honest, Wallace probably has value its just at time's he has been our only performer, somebody might persuade Jig to retire. Kevin Kyle has already gone , and so has Sandazza hopefully.

The Albion and ed house were not included in the loss. They were expenses after the accounts.

There were other one-off costs this year. The cost of the IPO, the football debt, the loss of sponsorship money, the loss of JJB Sports money, and I believe that there were other costs in running the club between the end of last season and start of this one.

Next season we will have money from Puma, Blackthorn and other sponsors. We will have Sports Direct money. We may have money for Ibrox naming rights. Hopefully we will have some media money from our own operations. Other deals will be in the offing. If the season ticket numbers hold up and the pay-as-you-go support holds firm then we should have no financial worries. Of course that will also depend on what wages McCoist pays to any new players. The Sandaza money was a sick joke to me as he isn't worth that kind of money. We are still in the lower leagues for the next 2 years and there is no reason for us to throw cash at players just for the hell of it. Ally isn't worth his £750k and whatever McDowalll & Durrant are on it is clearly wasted.

Balance sheet wise, this season was the low point, it gets better from here but the board must make sure that £20M+ is not squandered. Those days are gone.

I remember CG talked about a 30% of revenue wage bill, I hope the new CEO sticks to that (although whether this is viable short term I don't know).

There were other one-off costs this year. The cost of the IPO, the football debt, the loss of sponsorship money, the loss of JJB Sports money, and I believe that there were other costs in running the club between the end of last season and start of this one.

Next season we will have money from Puma, Blackthorn and other sponsors. We will have Sports Direct money. We may have money for Ibrox naming rights. Hopefully we will have some media money from our own operations. Other deals will be in the offing. If the season ticket numbers hold up and the pay-as-you-go support holds firm then we should have no financial worries. Of course that will also depend on what wages McCoist pays to any new players. The Sandaza money was a sick joke to me as he isn't worth that kind of money. We are still in the lower leagues for the next 2 years and there is no reason for us to throw cash at players just for the hell of it. Ally isn't worth his £750k and whatever McDowalll & Durrant are on it is clearly wasted.

I agree, just think that the results at the end of the year might not seem to be as good as people expect, but its nothing to panic about.

I think our sponsorship deals this year will be fairly modest, so dont think they will generate a huge turn around. The additional costs of Ed House etc will also add to the costs, but they will in future help generate revenue, so not a bad thing.

As long as we dont bring in a load of players on silly money for the next season we should be okay. We wont be running with any significant profit until we get back to the SPL though. Even then we have to be clever with youth development and not goign back down the road of buying players with no resale value.

Balance sheet wise, this season was the low point, it gets better from here but the board must make sure that £20M+ is not squandered. Those days are gone.

I remember CG talked about a 30% of revenue wage bill, I hope the new CEO sticks to that (although whether this is viable short term I don't know).

I agree with the 30% thing for now, but it is very low for competing when we get back to the top. Dont think there are many club that run at that kind of weighting.

If we are selling players for say £5-£10m a season, and recruiting promising youth to replace them, then this should increase our revenue and certainly bring us closer to the 30% mark though.