Express Article on Power Struggle

nvager

The shareholders’ group want four directors’ nominations added to the list of business for the Annual General Meeting – the two Murrays, plus Scott Murdoch and Alex Wilson.

If the Court of Session rules in their favour, then this would postpone the AGM, scheduled for October 24, until mid-November as a new Notice to Shareholders would have to be issued and this has to be released 21 days before.

The current Rangers board will oppose the court action on Monday but the shareholders’ group is confident that they will prevail.

It would then mean that the shareholders could vote the four nominated men onto the board at the AGM while all existing board members are up for re-election. There could be more developments on the back of the court action with former director Dave King heavily tipped to have a leading role in any changes.

Chief executive Craig Mather flew to Johannesburg in a bid to woo King to back the current regime.

However, it is understood the talks were in vain as the multi-millionaire has an alliance with the shareholders’ group looking for change.

A source close to the group said: “Monday will be a significant day in terms of the future for Rangers.

“There is confidence that the Court of Session will rule favourably to set a new chain of events into motion.

“It will mean that four additional directorial nominations will be added to the business of the AGM and, in turn, the AGM will move to mid-November as a new Notice to Shareholders will have to be issued.”

Representatives of the major fans’ groups met with Mather, finance director Brian Stockbridge and James Traynor, the director of communications, on Thursday night to discuss all of the pressing issues.

2nd question, if the article is true and DK is backing the change of the board.

If the court allows it, does this change the way you will vote?

This is hard going, the Court of Session in the form of Lord Kinclaven refused the rebels interdict to halt the AGM, the AGM goes ahead as scheduled.

This is hard going, the Court of Session in the form of Lord Kinclaven refused the rebels interdict to halt the AGM, the AGM goes ahead as scheduled.

I'm not to clued up but although it was going ahead as planned, I thought a decision was going to be made whether a vote for someone else could be put on the table ?

I'm not to clued up but although it was going ahead as planned, I thought a decision was going to be made whether a vote for someone else could be put on the table ?

That is Monday the hostiles are requesting flawed and wrongly constituted paperwork signed by people who shouldn't have signed them to be allowed as they contain the proposed names to be added for voting, the club quite rightly opposes this otherwise why have business law/rules that are not enforceable, the hostiles will lose.....again

That is Monday the hostiles are requesting flawed and wrongly constituted paperwork signed by people who shouldn't have signed them to be allowed as they contain the proposed names to be added for voting, the club quite rightly opposes this otherwise why have business law/rules that are not enforceable, the hostiles will lose.....again

yes, maybe.

so if hypothetically the requisitioners get allowed a vote and DK backs them, who do you back?

Bwaaawhawhawhawhawhawhawhawhawhawhawhawhawhaw ! (tu):sherlock:

Bwaaawhawhawhawhawhawhawhawhawhawhawhawhawhaw ! (tu):sherlock:

What a bunch of bounders... nah i am really fucking sick of it all. I just want us under a decent leadership without any harrasment from those who think they should have a say.

You seem very clued up on what is going on here shame we have a legal system when we have you to keep us all right

What a bunch of bounders... nah i am really fucking sick of it all. I just want us under a decent leadership without any harrasment from those who think they should have a say.

We are all sick of it Mate, let's hope this is light at the end of the tunnel ! (tu);):sherlock:

PS - I'll no forget some of these pricks for putting us all through this and that's a promise ! :);)

In the minutes of last nights meeting C Mather or Stockbridge said that KING phoned them. He approached the Board - not the other way around. This seems to contradict the tabloids.

Monday's court decision should be interesting.