Strachan and his Scotland Squad

googglebot

I don't have a problem with Gordon Strachan, might be in the minority but hey Ho. I mean he happily came out and spoke of the paranoia engulfing the scum and said it was very very strange and deep rooted.

He managed the scum and was a cheeky fucker but he is in the minority regarding anyone associated with that club exposingthem for their flaws - that I respect. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I always want Scotland to do well, and don't buy into the 'all other fans hate us' nonsense when it comes to the national team. Someone posted the figures for a recent Scotland game and it was 60% bears still. Internet forums are filled with extreme views, be it RM or any other ones. You can't take them as gospel. 

Thst said, Strachan and his recent squad fill me with apathy. Guys like Whittaker haven't played since August, and Forrest is absolutely horrendous. We've got £20m plus worth of strikers in McCormack and Rhodes that aren't even in the squad when we struggle consistently for goals. 

The 'old guard' squad should have been torn up and started again for the coming campaign, with young talented players who play regularly with good style. 

I'd love to see the team filled with our guys, with Wallace, Holt, McKay all deserving - but I think it's actually a blessing in disguise for the cup and championship run ins. 

1 hour ago, Vwbear said:

Its up to the individual if you support Scotland or not 

a would not feel right booing the queen or doing the brooony 

Surprisingly supporting Scotland doesn't mean you have to boo the queen or do the broony.

Although being forced to wear a kilt is a pain in the arse

12 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I'd love to see Holty's assists and goal record compared to McGinn's this season and then ask wee GS how it's justified he picked a bottler over a champion

Well in the league Holt has 8 and Mcginns got 3 goals, not sure about assists.

10 hours ago, WadeWilson said:

Let me scratch beneath the surface of this perceived anti-Rangers bias, if I may...

Andy Goram retired from international duty during the pre-tournament tour. He had gone to the previous four tournaments with Scotland.

Richard Gough, 39 at the time and with 61 Scotland caps to his name, had retired from international football in 1993, five years before France 98 (he only came back to us from his US jolly as a favour to Walter).

Alan McLaren was injured, didn't make a single appearance the whole 97/98 season and had to retire soon after. He probably had made the ultimate sacrifice a year before, as he had played with a knee injury to captain the side at Tannadice when Nine-in-a-Row was clinched.

David Robertson wasn't even a Rangers player as he was playing for Leeds in 97/98... Or to be more precise, he wasn't playing for Leeds because he was injured, another victim of playing with injections the season before (if you meant Sandy Robertson, he was playing for ICT and facing an assault charge).

Cleland was - and remained - an uncapped journeyman regularly pilloried by our own fans as being a poor full-back.

Durrant and Ferguson were reduced to being bit-part players at the time, behind a midfield of Gascoigne, Laudrup, Thern and Albertz (who was also utilised at full-back). McCoist too was playing second fiddle to Negri for most of the season and was on his way to being a Kilmarnock player (one who would only score nine goals in three seasons). 61 caps previously would suggest that when he was younger, he was very much in.

At 34, McCall would have been the oldest outfield player in the squad. Personally I would have included him ahead of Scot Gemmill but I can understand how Lambert and Collins, being six years and four years younger respectively, got the nod ahead of Stu in the engine room (along with their added continental experience of playing for Dortmund and Monaco).

Durie played about 40-odd games and was the youngest of the old guard at 32, so he rightfully earned a place in the squad and was in the starting line-up for all three games as the main striker. Just how did he manage to slip through the wicked web of anti-Rangers bias?

Most of the Scottish guys who had been chasing 10-in-a-row (if they were not already retired or injured) were absolutely mentally and physically gone by the end of that season after ending up trophyless and, as outlandish as it may seem, just didn't have the legs or the heart to go to a world cup anyway.

And most of the players you mentioned, when they were a few years younger and wanting to be considered for selection, were regularly called up by Scotland. To claim otherwise is just rewriting history for the sake of a rather flimsy, and frankly false, argument.

he would have got away with it, it if wasn't for you meddling kids!

Holt should be there but Strachan is an arse and couldnae manage a pot noodle. Some Hearts fans are deluded idiots., because he has turned out a great player for us they think that shows a lot about how good we are and promising for Hearts playing us next season..what?! They clowns think they are better than they are and it's one reason why they are the team I am going to most enjoy beating next season (bar Septic). Deluded.