Defence needs sorted.

GTMLivo

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Defence does need strengthened but we all knew that prior to Sunday's game. 

The crucial thing is it was good enough to get us this far and that's the main thing. 

Every part of our team will be stronger next season. 

3 minutes ago, 7troop said:

Defence does need strengthened but we all knew that prior to Sunday's game. 

The crucial thing is it was good enough to get us this far and that's the main thing. 

Every part of our team will be stronger next season. 

And hopefully since the defence has been THE major sticking point the entire season it will get special attention.  If all we did was give it an overhaul I would still be happy about our prospects for next season though there will be additions in more areas than that.  If he could get two good big central defenders in there that would go a long way to solving the corner/set piece nightmare.  I half expect to concede at every corner and I would guess a lot of us feel the same.  The first goal against us on Sunday was a classic example of it.

Our defenders are decent enough players,concentration is what lets them down.

We need a leader,in the sir Davie Weir mould, to guide them through games.

Someone with big game experience and who is a born winner.

Whats John Terry up to after his contract expires at Chelsea?

Genuinely don't get why Wilson is constantly the whipping boy, both of our defenders have lapses of concentration but generally speaking I think Wilson is more consistent than Kiernan is.

Kiernan can be an 8 or 9 one week, which rightly gets him a pass in most fans eyes but then be a 4 the next week and it's mainly overlooked.

Wilson is a 6 or 7 most weeks and  that seems to lead to him constantly getting pelters because he isn't as good as Kiernan is when Kiernan is good.

In the grand scale of things I would like stronger centre halves but ultimately I don't really think it matters who plays at the back for us because our style of play is always going to lead to chances for the opposition and lapses of concentration from the defenders.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Genuinely don't get why Wilson is constantly the whipping boy, both of our defenders have lapses of concentration but generally speaking I think Wilson is more consistent than Kiernan is.

Kiernan can be an 8 or 9 one week, which rightly gets him a pass in most fans eyes but then be a 4 the next week and it's mainly overlooked.

Wilson is a 6 or 7 most weeks and  that seems to lead to him constantly getting pelters because he isn't as good as Kiernan is when Kiernan is good.

In the grand scale of thins I would look stronger centre halves but ultimately I don't really think it matters who plays at the back for us because our style of play is always going to lead to chances for the opposition and lapses of concentration from the defenders.

agree 100%

Kiernan needs to sharpen up too often he seems to be slack and daydreaming. Could be the dross they are playing against week in week out bores them to sleep.

Spot on DBBTB, @RFCRobertson will confirm I've been consistent throughout the season saying Kiernan has been the one producing far more individual mistakes and Wilson has been the better of the two. IMO if one of these two are to be dropped next season, it should be Rob.

Wilson is indeed the whipping boy and gets blamed for things that are in no way a result of him, it's pathetic at times to say the least, some people will just never change these biased views against him.

Can confirm, @Rangers_no1 has been saying this. :pipe:

12 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Spot on DBBTB, @RFCRobertson will confirm I've been consistent throughout the season saying Kiernan has been the one producing far more individual mistakes and Wilson has been the better of the two. IMO if one of these two are to be dropped next season, it should be Rob.

Wilson is indeed the whipping boy and gets blamed for things that are in no way a result of him, it's pathetic at times to say the least, some people will just never change these biased views against him.

Your just a bigot who hates the Irish:pipe: