Do We Need Wide Wingers ?

tannerall

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

Im pretty confident :) 

I'll be happy to see what he does with better players and more depth (which we still need about 5 players to achieve IMHO).

2 hours ago, The Beast said:

Stubbs did I'm afraid as he did in the last league game. So did Wright at St Johnstone in the league cup. World class teams can play a Plan A only but we are very far from that. Our central defence is mostly average at best with a real lack of depth including full back cover, we have no competition for keeper and Foderigham has still to completely prove himself and we don't have a proper striker other than 36yo Miller.

If you genuinely don't think MW needs to up his game for next season then fair enough but when plan A isn't working in any game then a top manager will adapt his team set-up and arise to the challenge. We've seen very little of that from Mr Warburton so far.

I've watched all the great teams at ibrox since 1958 and Mark Warburton's tactics and football is arguably the best i've seen, and this manager has, unlike those great teams and managers of the past,  accomplished it with tuppence.

Give him a few bucks for the players he wants and a little time.

Patiance, beast, patience.

Just now, baxterboy said:

I've watched all the great teams at ibrox since 1958 and Mark Warburton's tactics and football is arguably the best i've seen, and this manager and, unlike those great teams and managers of the past, he has acomplished it with tuppence.

Give him a few bucks for the players he wants and a little time.

Patiance, beast, patience.

:) I think Walter's team with Gazza and Laudrup etc will take some beating but I totally applaud MW for doing so much with so little so far. I hope he can get the players he needs to implement his system fully.

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

:) I think Walter's team with Gazza and Laudrup etc will take some beating but I totally applaud MW for doing so much with so little so far. I hope he can get the players he needs to implement his system fully.

Only time will tell, obviously, but Im certain that he will get us where we belong - and do it with style!

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

With the likes of Gazza and Laudrup and many of the others on that team, you didn't need a manager.

Rangers have a habit of playing a formation that Mark Warburton insists is 4-3-3 but it is really 4 at the back with two wing backs, three in the centre, two wingers and a striker. It is an attacking version of 4-5-1 in my opinion although the wingers, wing backs and the midfielders all get up the field.

I actually get a bit annoyed they don't play through the middle more and I like the defensive covering midfielder to be a permanent feature. I think we're sorely lacking at the back when we play three conventional midfielders. Our style seems to suit someone hoovering up the ball just short of halfway and turning the tide of attack.

1 hour ago, weeto said:

Rangers have a habit of playing a formation that Mark Warburton insists is 4-3-3 but it is really 4 at the back with two wing backs, three in the centre, two wingers and a striker. It is an attacking version of 4-5-1 in my opinion although the wingers, wing backs and the midfielders all get up the field.

I actually get a bit annoyed they don't play through the middle more and I like the defensive covering midfielder to be a permanent feature. I think we're sorely lacking at the back when we play three conventional midfielders. Our style seems to suit someone hoovering up the ball just short of halfway and turning the tide of attack.

No new wingers needed.  Tav and Moh (or whoever is playing on the right wing) have to start interchanging exactly the way Lee and McKay are on the left - overlapping and cutting inside.

We need a new striker capable of slipping inside the channels for our midfielders tika taka through balls and who can shoot first time quickly and accurately! He should be a wee bit greedy.

One solid, no nonesense, experienced CB who's aggressive in the air and who can quickly spray accurate short passes to the midfielders.

Tav's excursions up front are now covered by the midfielders we have.

On 30 May 2016 at 8:16 PM, The Beast said:

It should all be about having options. We need to be able to switch formations and tactics as the situation demands it. I want MW to move away from his one-dimensional approach and have various different avenues to use on a game by game basis.

I like MW's plan A but if Stubbs can suss it out and negate it, there are better managers with better players against us next season. We must have flexibility.

This above. Plus the comment earlier about Neil McCann. Although a winger his greatest day for us was when He was played through the middle against a lumbering green and grey defence and tore them apart. That day proved the ability to play a  player in different postions is key and that is what MW is about.

Now off to watch wee Neil turning the centre back, running on, round the keeper for number three.:541: