Your lifetime best eleven?

ready1873

4 minutes ago, Lord Summerisle said:

Also happened to be my nickname when I played for my primary school team. I must have been a mad wee bastard................. I was the goalie! 

Haha...Only going to be one winner then, when you were running out of your box for a 'fifty fifty' with the striker! :D

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Truth_is_out_there said:

Pretty close to mine too, although I would have liked Souness in there. And a toss of a coin between Cooper and Laudrup. Both were world class when they were on form. :)

Would have had Durrant in my starting 11 as well, but I fondly remember some of the big mans 'robust' challenges!

image.jpeg

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 5:29 PM, Wolverhampton Town said:

im surprised nobody picked boumsong, granted only with us for 6 months but he was excellent for us

Good player. If I remember correctly, did he not do brilliant for us, then completely mess it up down south? I might be wrong. But we did make quite a healthy profit from him, I think.

On ‎16‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 8:18 AM, Juniorsparkie said:

Old School

McCloy

Jardine Jackson Forsyth Greig

McLean Russell Macdonald Cooper

Johnstone Smith

Two trebles in three years and a good skelp at the auld European cup.

Oh god getting Oan a bit now.

Oh yes what a team. Alex Miller and Derek Parlane chipping in as  well.

Goram

Stevens         Gough     Butcher         Numan

Walters          Gazza       Durrant        Laudrup

McCoist    Hateley

Goram

Jardine. Gough , Butcher, Newman.

Cooper, Souness, Gascoigne, Laudrup. 

Hatley , Mols . 

Felt it very close between McCoist and Mols and if it was for overall goals scored or length of time McCoist wins easily . I just felt at their very best Mols was a better player . But we have been so lucky over the years you could easily pick at least another 11 pretty much to that standard 

8 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

No John Greig  D'art ?

I toyed with him Fred but it was such a hard call when considering the quality to choose from. Struggled also with Mols & McCoist but for the same reasons as 1foot Willie has alluded to above felt Mols was the better all round player.

1 minute ago, D'Artagnan said:

I toyed with him Fred but it was such a hard call when considering the quality to choose from. Struggled also with Mols & McCoist but for the same reasons as 1foot Willie has alluded to above felt Mols was the better all round player.

Aye , I know what you mean . I put him at left back as I had to find some spot in the side , even though I think Davie Robertson is the best I've seen for us there ( might go for Wallace if he plays like last season consistently) As others have said , we truly have been fortunate to have witnessed some fine players in our colours . I love telling my son about the older players but really hope some of the current and future players can be thought of in the same way .

11 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Aye , I know what you mean . I put him at left back as I had to find some spot in the side , even though I think Davie Robertson is the best I've seen for us there ( might go for Wallace if he plays like last season consistently) As others have said , we truly have been fortunate to have witnessed some fine players in our colours . I love telling my son about the older players but really hope some of the current and future players can be thought of in the same way .

Yep - Id normally have Wallace as my first name on any team sheet  - but if Im objective rather than emotional - Numan is the better all round player - and probably Robertson too.

I almost included my boyhood hero Kenny Watson in the midfield but can you imagine how many on here would ask Who ???

57 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

I almost included my boyhood hero Kenny Watson in the midfield but can you imagine how many on here would ask Who ???

Kenny was unlucky to have competition from some class midfielders , Doddie , Bobby Russell to name 2 . Also we tended to play with 2 wide players/wingers . Johnny Hamilton was another player who never played as much then either as squad rotation wasn't considered important then .I'm sure he was also used as a sweeper in European games . If he had been in his prime a few years later under John Greig then things might've been different for him.

12 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

Kenny was unlucky to have competition from some class midfielders , Doddie , Bobby Russell to name 2 . Also we tended to play with 2 wide players/wingers . Johnny Hamilton was another player who never played as much then either as squad rotation wasn't considered important then .I'm sure he was also used as a sweeper in European games . If he had been in his prime a few years later under John Greig then things might've been different for him.

Yeah plus it was hard enough to leave Doddie out let alone include KW. But I couldnt see past Souness & Gazza - world class

Goram

Hutton Gough Cuellar Numan

Laudrup Gazza Ferguson Van Bronckhorst

McCoist Mols

Been going to Ibrox since about 1990 so this is my team since then. The only ones I wasn't too sure about were Hutton and Cuellar and maybe Gio. Hutton purely because I always felt Cleland was underrated at right back, the same with Bjorklund at centre half but it was really only between Cuellar and Weir next to Gough for me. I also consider Ricksen better in midfield than at right back. Maybe could've switched Gio with Albertz? I've done this team quickly so ive probably forgotten a few players.