Your lifetime best eleven?

ready1873

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't believe no one has Ian Ferguson in their team, to me he epitomised what it is to be a Ranger, a leader, bleeds blue, you'd want no one else in the trenches with you in a hard game, nevermind his undoubted ability as a footballer. 

The complete package for me, others maybe more skillful, but didn't have the same heart and desire Ian had for our Club, played every season in the 9 in a row. 

Legend!

23 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Can't believe no one has Ian Ferguson in their team, to me he epitomised what it is to be a Ranger, a leader, bleeds blue, you'd want no one else in the trenches with you in a hard game, nevermind his undoubted ability as a footballer. 

The complete package for me, others maybe more skillful, but didn't have the same heart and desire Ian had for our Club, played every season in the 9 in a row. 

Legend!

I think the flair players always catch the eye and are sometimes easie to remember. As you say fergie is what you'd class as a true blue but when you think of having him in over gascoigne as far as technical ability goes I just couldn't do it. Great teams though have a balance of many qualities and I know my team misses a bit of the dig and fight.

1.  Andy Goram

2.  Gary Stevens

3.  Davie Robertson

4.  Richard Gough

5.  Terry Butcher

6.  Graeme Souness

7.  Jorg Albertz

8. Paul Gascoigne

9. Ally McCoist

10. Mark Hately

11. Davie Cooper

Subs:

12. Stefan Klos

13. Arthur Numan

14. Ian Durrant

15. Brian Laudrup

16. Michael Mols

(only chose players ive seen in the flesh)

1 minute ago, Gascoigne8 said:

1.  Andy Goram

2.  Gary Stevens

3.  Davie Robertson

4.  Richard Gough

5.  Terry Butcher

6.  Graeme Souness

7.  Jorg Albertz

8. Paul Gascoigne

9. Ally McCoist

10. Mark Hately

11. Davie Cooper

Subs:

12. Stefan Klos

13. Arthur Numan

14. Ian Durrant

15. Brian Laudrup

16. Michael Mols

(only chose players ive seen in the flesh)

Oh we doing subs. I shall revisit my team. 

Considering the amount of brilliant players I've had the privilege of watching over a 60+ year period, this is an impossible task where I could probably give you a team and change it every 5 minutes until my head burst, but for the moment I will go with this one that encompasses a few eras of Rangers teams.

Goram

Shearer                             Woodburn                            Caldow

Greig                     Gascoigne            Van Bronckhorst                Baxter    

Laudrup                                                  Forrest                                                     Cooper

I've went with a 3-4-3 system that gives this team a good blend of steel at the back; strength and creativity in the middle, plus a front line that would terrorise defences.

As I said; I would probably change it within a few minutes, but for now it's as good as it gets. :pipe:

3 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Ginzburg

Adamcuk svennson prodan stensass

Mledenovic Black Namouchi

Bo Anderson Sandaza Salenko

If this team were together at the same team we would have won the champions league. Twice. 

Subs:

Tero Pentilla, Gary Bollan, Egil Ostenstad, Marcus Gayle, Juan Ortiz and James Beattie

That's a team.

4 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

Considering the amount of brilliant players I've had the privilege of watching over a 60+ year period, this is an impossible task where I could probably give you a team and change it every 5 minutes until my head burst, but for the moment I will go with this one that encompasses a few eras of Rangers teams.

Goram

Shearer                             Woodburn                            Caldow

Greig                     Gascoigne            Van Bronckhorst                Baxter    

Laudrup                                                  Forrest                                                     Cooper

I've went with a 3-4-3 system that gives this team a good blend of steel at the back; strength and creativity in the middle, plus a front line that would terrorise defences.

As I said; I would probably change it within a few minutes, but for now it's as good as it gets. :pipe:

I thought I was spoilt for choice, saw my first game in 1962 but you saw some real legends before then Oz.

Goram

Jardine                                                                                                Numan

Gough

Butcher

Durrant                            Souness                                                 Cooper

Gascoigne

Laudrup

McCoist

9 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

I thought I was spoilt for choice, saw my first game in 1962 but you saw some real legends before then Oz.

I certainly was lucky to see these guys play, hp.(tu) I was young when I saw the likes of Woodburn, Corky Young, Sammy Cox, Bobby Brown et al, but I still remember how good they were.

59 minutes ago, Ozblue said:

I certainly was lucky to see these guys play, hp.(tu) I was young when I saw the likes of Woodburn, Corky Young, Sammy Cox, Bobby Brown et al, but I still remember how good they were.

Aye. How many of the stupid goals we have lost this season and last would have got through our defences in the 50's? Still prefer Big Geordie to WW, tho' and think even George Niven was better than Bobby Brown,

Klos

Ricksen  Gough Cuellar Numan

.         I Ferguson   B Ferguson 

.      Laudrup  Gazza. Cooper      

R De Boar

Subs

mccoist

Hateley

butcher

durrant

rod Wallace(under rated)

bougie

goram

the hammer

gio v b

4-2-3-1 for me, the 3 attacking midfielders for me would open up ANY defence in football, I'd love to have Ally in my team, but up front on his own he struggled.

we've had some fucking awesome players in our teams over the years!!, I tell my laddie about it, he can't believe it. 

1 minute ago, Corky True Legend said:

Aye. How many of the stupid goals we have lost this season and last would have got through our defences in the 50's? Still prefer Big Geordie to WW, tho' and think even George Niven was better than Bobby Brown,

Big Corky was a brilliant player and was certainly more versatile than big Ben, but in my opinion Woodburn was a better and classier centre half; that's why Mr.Struth moved Corky to right back to accommodate Woodburn.

Was Niven better than Brown? That is a tough one because they were both excellent 'keepers, but if you listened to my Father and Grandfather they would tell you that Jerry Dawson was the best of the lot. :pipe:

Spoiled for choice, when you think of some of the players we have had I came up with a best Scottish players eleven and best foreign players eleven 

Scottish 

Goram

Jardine,  Gough,  Jackson,  Munro

Souness  Durrant    I Ferguson 

Cooper McCoist,  D Johnstone 

Foreign 

Woods

Stevens,   Butcher,  Amoruso,  Numan 

Laudrup,  Gazza,  Wilkins,  Albertz Steven 

Hateley,  

Best eleven:

Klos,

Hutton, Cuellar, Weir, Van Bronckhorst

Ricksen, Ferguson, Albertz, Lovenkrands

Miller, Jelavic

closely followed by:

Letizi

Bernard, Bob Malcolm, Svensson, Ball

Nuno Capucho, Emerson, Amdy Faye, 

Ostenstad, Jeffers, Beattie

Goram

Stevens   Gough    Butcher    Numan

Laudrup   B Ferguson   Gazza   V Bronkhorst    

McCoist   Hateley

Subs: Klos, Moore, McCall, Durrant, Albertz, Walters, Mols.

Some of the players I've had to leave out. :(

8 hours ago, Ozblue said:

Big Corky was a brilliant player and was certainly more versatile than big Ben, but in my opinion Woodburn was a better and classier centre half; that's why Mr.Struth moved Corky to right back to accommodate Woodburn.

Was Niven better than Brown? That is a tough one because they were both excellent 'keepers, but if you listened to my Father and Grandfather they would tell you that Jerry Dawson was the best of the lot. :pipe:

Are we related? I got told the same. LoL.

.                                           Goram

.                  Jardine     Gough.   Butcher.   Numan

Laudrup  Gazza   Iain Ferguson   v. Bronkhurst  

Hateley   McCoist

Subs. Klos, Cuellar, Roberts, Barry Ferguson, Albertz, McCann, Mols, Cooper 

I would put that lot up against anyone's team ???