Has the team reacted well?

Gaz52

7 hours ago, Pearson83 said:

We spend so much time moaning about back 4 and seem to forget we are rotten in front of goal, waghorn is not up to this at all and it's showing now garner just seems to look for bother than a goal. 

Agree with you defence seems better think hill and Wilson are best of a bad lot and work well. Ross county game pissed me right off should have had that over by HT! We are picking up but still long way to go but have got little better since last old firm game.

There's a guy on twitter who's been doing a lot of stats on the Premiership recently and I'm sure he says that we have the most efficient defence in the league but are one of the worst at taking our chances. Doesn't help that Waghorn and McKay play every game and are well out of form at the minute. 

7 hours ago, Gaz52 said:

Since the Old FIrm?

We've certainly tightened up defensively, although we still look shaky at times. 

We lost to Aberdeen but the scoreline didn't exactly tell the whole story of that game as I thought we actually should have won it, or got a point at the very least. 

We drew 0-0 with Ross County, once again, we should have won the game but failed to put our chances away. 

We beat QoS 5-0, Waghorn getting a hat trick. Looked solid enough at the back that game as well. 

Partick Thistle 2-0, shaky moments  but another clean sheet and 3 points, once again we failed to finish some good chances off. 

And then there's last night, a great goal from Kenny. We missed a few good chances again, made the wrong choices from certain positions that could have been goalscoring opportunities. Defensively we were decent but still looked vulnerable from simple balls slipped in behind our centre-backs and a few set pieces bothered us as well. 

It's a bit of a mixed reaction, overall I guess you'd need to say it's been a positive one but still plenty room for improvement. Barton being out the team has helped us find the right balance in midfield, now it's about getting the right players on the end of chances to put the ball away, confidence isn't the highest right now but it could be a case of getting Garner, Waghorn, Dodoo a couple goals just to get them going. 

Defensively we just don't seem to have the players, although we are looking a bit sturdier, we've played poor sides. I think we made one big mistake against Aberdeen and it was punished, so the concentration levels need to improve. 

Are you happy with the way the team have reacted since our first defeat of the season vs them?

It's the big games that matter for me .His big game record is lamentable .

If we get a humping again next Sunday 

Ive finished with him

47 minutes ago, Jelavic191 said:

There's a guy on twitter who's been doing a lot of stats on the Premiership recently and I'm sure he says that we have the most efficient defence in the league but are one of the worst at taking our chances. Doesn't help that Waghorn and McKay play every game and are well out of form at the minute. 

I've been following him and seen that some of the stats are very worrying also.

Only difference for me is the team actually winning a few games, performance wise we have been around the same levels so i fully expect us to get better as time goes by.

We have yet to show a thoroughly convincing performance but there have been fleeting moments. A good result next week could make a helluva difference in how we handle this season........a defeat, and a bad one at that, could see us struggle for consistency and belief.