TGFITW in manchester

*Manticore*

Interesting comment from ManchesterConfidential.co:

Very disappointing to see 6 arrests made out of the very small number of Celtic fans. In fact, I believe that this signifies a larger proportion of arrests per total fans than was the case for the so-called Rangers "riot". Police had to seperate Man U and Celtic fans, and we again had the distasteful episode of Celtic fans singing songs in support of the IRA in the 83rd minute of the match. Very disappointing indeed. Also rather surprised by the Match Commander praising Celtic fans " ... braved the night in a windy and wet Manchester ..." Was he there? Doesn't speak much of the GMP when they don't know if it's raining or not. And that they don't care if visiting fans sing pro-IRA songs in a city where people were killed by their bombs.”

http://www.manchesterconfidential.co.uk/in...rJWU6IHqjNwB6IA

This is nothing other than a blog and could have been written by anyone. I have read about the 2 fans at Preston but i would take the above with a pinch of salt to be honest. Lets not make the same mistake Timmy makes and start using myths to fight any battle.

(tu)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has any of this made the Scottish papers or news yet ?

Nothing of this nature has been printed and it's now Friday so no chance now. But surprise surprise in today's rhebel and the Scottish sun the match officials have myseriously came out according to these 2 rhags admitted they caused celtics defeat. You couldn't make it up ! :sherlock:

Regardless what the media says it is becoming clear to any fan down in England who the real villains are up here. Any true football fan in England will consider Celtic to be scum and that can only help us with our support down there.

What a lot of nonsense. What planet do you live on and what do you base your conclusion on?

The only people who know the truth, and are actually bothered about it, are the Rangers fans.

The majority of people base their opinions on the media and all celtic ever semm to get is good press. The media reported the Chief of GMP's comments about ambassadors of Glasgow and that comment carries some weight in showing celtc as good and, following our Manchester trip, us bad.

As a club, support and people we are losing this war and the majority of our support are ignorant or aoathetic to the situation and it will only get worse until they realise what is happening.

Part of this awakening is to appreciate the damage that Murray, Bain, Smith, McCoist et al are doing to us by not defending the club and the fans and indeed joing in on the many attacks on us.

I base my opinion on the fact every English person I've been friends with has taken Rangers side over Celtic because of them singing pro-IRA chants. Not everyone takes the shit that's written in the papers as fact.