Bomber, Walter, TBK, RST

I have read a few times people commenting that the groups above have either not turned up since February 14th, and/or have come up with bids that have never met the standard, I think it is actually a bit worse than that.

We have not just been up for sale since Feb 14th, we were for sale for years under David Murray. Alistair Johnston was brought to the club to sell us, and none of the above managed to get anywhere near it with or without a consortium. Paul Murray put in a desperate, pointless bid a week before we were sold to Whyte, but there has never been anything that looked likely of acceptance.

This means that either the true Rangers men weren't willing to step forward to run the club when things were tough, or that their financial backers weren't willing to tough it out with the potential of the BTC, administration, liquidation, etc. I tend to believe the second, and have no reason to doubt the motives of John Brown or Walter Smith.

What is harming the club now, and has for the last 4 and a half months are people seeking to take control without wishing to go through the correct channels. The continual attempts to destabilise the owners, and force a cheap sale are damaging to the club and its image. People are using the support and playing on our emotions in these desperate times for their own agendas, and it is so disappointing that we fall for it.

Ask yourself why those with money won't stump up the required amount, ask yourself why they won't join forces if saving the club is their aim, ask yourself why they won't invest.

That they want to buy the club on the cheap is fair enough, after all Charles Green has, but the point is, that he had that option and took it, no-one else is in that position. Please do not believe that any money saved on the sale will be put into the club, the real money men who are behind such plans do not operate that way.

Treat every bid sceptically, treat everyone who tries to use you with suspicion, because their motives are not clear.

The current owners should be given the same level of scepticism, but we do not need to rush to disbelieve everything they say.

And the next bidder that turns up, or the next person who claims they have Rangers at heart for buying the club, just ask them, "Where have you been for the last 4 years?"

Good points, well made.

Another thought struck me after reading that time frame you describe.

Where were all our Rangers men when the fans were digging deep to save the club? Where was 'Captain Barry'? Did he dip into his well-fattened pocket to help us in our time of need, or was he investing in another venture elsewhere?

He is just one of several dozen I could name who made a fortune thanks to Rangers FC and, in particular, its fans.

Where the fuck were they? :angry:

Good points, well made.

Another thought struck me after reading that time frame you describe.

Where were all our Rangers men when the fans were digging deep to save the club? Where was 'Captain Barry'? Did he dip into his well-fattened pocket to help us in our time of need, or was he investing in another venture elsewhere?

He is just one of several dozen I could name who made a fortune thanks to Rangers FC and, in particular, its fans.

Where the fuck were they? :angry:

I've thought about this a lot in recent times. There are many players who Rangers have made multi-millionaires in the last three decades.

Our erstwhile most successful captain chief among them.

Their silence has been deafening.

Oh and good post OP.

Good post, too many were willing to sit back and see how it all played out instead of taking over doing an investigation and then telling the fans just how bad the situation could get.

The lack of honesty over the last couple of years regarding the clubs position has made all this much much worse.

The business men of that bunch have been waiting half a decade for someone to do the dirty work, so they could swoop in and act like heroes.

I have no problem with business people behaving as business people do, but don't insult my intelligence by trying to convince me they care about the club or the fans. They care about the club and the fans as long as there is money to be made from them, beyond that, I doubt their "Rangers men" credentials.

Excellent points - only one missing for me.

Who on here would have stepped forward and ploughed their money in if we had the sort of money being dicussed. I'll answer that myself. Every fucking one of us.

Thats why I'm backing Green for now. :21:

One thing this whole fiasco should tell Rangers fans is to have no faith in so called "Rangers Men". Where were all the "legends" when we really needed them ? If they ain't getting paid by the club they are silent. If only the fans could unite.

One thing this whole fiasco should tell Rangers fans is to have no faith in so called "Rangers Men". Where were all the "legends" when we really needed them ? If they ain't getting paid by the club they are silent. If only the fans could unite.

We must have one of the most factionalised and splintered supports in football.

Personally I blame Dingwall and his minions but I know others will have a different opinion.

The real Rangers men are all in the stands, helping out big time in the last four and a half months, even when money is tight we are still doing our bit, the "Rangers" men with the financial clout to do the business have done fuck all except shout about what they are/were going to do, to pinch a Nike phrase just do it furfuxache.

This limbo is killing the fans, where are we playing,? who are we playing? what sanctions are we facing? what court cases are coming up and for what?

The powers that be in Scottish football are absolute and total wasters, this whole sorry saga is going to kill the game in Scotland and Laurel and Hardy just cant see it.

The real Rangers men are all in the stands, helping out big time in the last four and a half months, even when money is tight we are still doing our bit, the "Rangers" men with the financial clout to do the business have done fuck all except shout about what they are/were going to do, to pinch a Nike phrase just do it furfuxache.

This limbo is killing the fans, where are we playing,? who are we playing? what sanctions are we facing? what court cases are coming up and for what?

The powers that be in Scottish football are absolute and total wasters, this whole sorry saga is going to kill the game in Scotland and Laurel and Hardy just cant see it.

This is an excellent point.

The real Rangers men are not those with £50M in the bank and who are standing on the sidelines but ordinary punters who have dug deep and will continue to do so.

An excellent original post.

The problem is that, going forward, Rangers is a lousy investment unless it is available dirt cheap. And men like McColl and Park didn't become multi-millionaires by making lousy investments. I think part of the trouble is that many fans don't see the simple facts and just believe that Rangers can be a money-spinner and that various "Rangers men" will pump millions into the club. Yes, it's easy to say that a Euromillions win and it's all going into Rangers (as many have), but maybe a little different if those numbers actually came up. Rangers (and ultimately the mod from the Eastern Necropolis) will have to get smaller to survive. Scottish football simply cannot support the ambitions of the "Old Firm" clubs.

When the shit hits the fan where are they?

Nowhere to be seen ,they will self destruct if they dont stop their crap.

RST have a fucking lot to answet for with their protests ,and statements about CG.

Just get behind whoever has the club at heart, and stop destroying us from the inside.