Pedro's gone [opinion]

Perth_Campsie_Ger

6 hours ago, geneva_ger said:

Probably one of the most embarrassing accusations to come out with. I give you the progres result but are you suggesting that for all time Rangers would never have lost at home to aberdeen?

Yes it was unpalatable but would have happened some day and considering the situation we were in at that time it's not that surprising tbf.

4 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

What does that even mean;.normally when you have a 26 year record for something it's a cause for celebration, for you it's a cause for grief? You do realise where this club has been in the last five years, yes? To lay all that at the door of a manager in for only six months is ridiculous.

It was the only decent record we had left, and he broke that one as well.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

What does that even mean;.normally when you have a 26 year record for something it's a cause for celebration, for you it's a cause for grief? You do realise where this club has been in the last five years, yes? To lay all that at the door of a manager in for only six months is ridiculous.

It was one of the few things we had left to play for and shout about after losing the Scottish cup semi then letting them batter us at Ibrox, the Aberdeen record was obviously unlikely to last forever but we lost it in awful circumstances on top of everything else and getting at least a draw out of the game was hardly too much to expect

1 hour ago, simplythebest said:

It was one of the few things we had left to play for and shout about after losing the Scottish cup semi then letting them batter us at Ibrox, the Aberdeen record was obviously unlikely to last forever but we lost it in awful circumstances on top of everything else and getting at least a draw out of the game was hardly too much to expect

That's the least of this club's problems. It was a fine record, but not exactly beaten on an even playing field. That Caixinha has it against his record is a bit silly.

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It was the only decent record we had left, and he broke that one as well.

What?! We have 54 tites; 33 SCs; 27 LCs; 1 European trophy. Losing an unbeaten run against anyone takes nothing away from us. This is about Caixinha, and I don't know why that would be used against him.

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

What?! We have 54 tites; 33 SCs; 27 LCs; 1 European trophy. Losing an unbeaten run against anyone takes nothing away from us. This is about Caixinha, and I don't know why that would be used against him.

It would have been used against anyone that lost it.

If, Pedro has taken the last 6 months to lay the foundations of what he wants, brought in a raft of players to start implementing  his style of play, removed a load of players that he thinks are not up to the task ahead, is working with the DoF to ensure consistency of approach right down to youth level; why would he walk away? If the board want to get rid of him, how much will it cost to get rid of Pedro and his team, how much to bring in someone else and their team and what would be the effects on the players?

Getting rid of Pedro would be an expensive exercise and bring more disruption to our club; do we think the board would do this? 

19 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

That's the least of this club's problems. It was a fine record, but not exactly beaten on an even playing field. That Caixinha has it against his record is a bit silly.

I never said it was the biggest problem but it's another notable failure if you're trying to assess his record so far

50 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

I never said it was the biggest problem but it's another notable failure if you're trying to assess his record so far

That seems a bit unfair. That record had to go at some time; I'll be honest, I can take or leave this kind of thing- they're nice when they happen, but when they go it's not big deal. I think the bigger target is to get this club to the very top again; he has improved the playing squad, we play better against teams we struggled against last season; and the squad shows signs of coming together. Those are more important.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

That seems a bit unfair. That record had to go at some time; I'll be honest, I can take or leave this kind of things- they're nice when they happen, but when they go it's not big deal. I think the bigger target is to get this club to the very top again, he has improved the playing squad, we play better against teams we struggled against last season; and the squad shows signs of coming together. Those are more important.

When he came in March there wasn't much left to play for in the league other than giving fans even minor things to cheer about like keeping the record going, it was never going to get him sacked either way since it wasn't his team fair enough but that was time allowed for him to adapt to the game here and assess what needed changed

Here we are now and while I agree the squad has improved personnel wise there's not much sign of overall progression so far with actual results, we can't seem to win more than two games in a row so it's looking like another scrape around 2nd/3rd/4th, and that's putting aside what happened in Luxembourg. I can only hope the turning point comes but I've already allowed myself about two or three times to get encouraged this season and been let down badly, and we have what are generally considered to be the tougher fixtures all still to come before new year. The game at Hamilton was good but I thought Pedro simply had to go right away if we didn't win that, so it would be a bit hypocritical of me to get carried away and say he now deserves the whole season regardless

Just now, simplythebest said:

When he came in March there wasn't much left to play for in the league other than giving fans even minor things to cheer about like keeping the record going, it was never going to get him sacked either way since it wasn't his team fair enough but that was time allowed for him to adapt to the game here and assess what needed changed

Here we are now and while I agree the squad has improved personnel wise there's not much sign of overall progression so far with actual results, we can't seem to win more than two games in a row so it's looking like another scrape around 2nd/3rd/4th, and that's putting aside what happened in Luxembourg. I can only hope the turning point comes but I've already allowed myself about two or three times to get encouraged this season and been let down badly, and we have what are generally considered to be the tougher fixtures all still to come before new year. The game at Hamilton was good but I thought Pedro simply had to go right away if we didn't win that, so it would be a bit hypocritical of me to get carried away and say he now deserves the whole season regardless

I agree with what you are implying in your final point, the results will have to improve for him to remain in his job. I just the Aberdeen record was brought into a context, originally, in which didn't really belong. Caixinha needs this team to be better more consistently, and again I agree with you there as well. No more excuses, we need to be showing results that give the fans hope; and if we don't see that then he will have to go, before the year is out.

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

I agree with what you are implying in your final point, the results will have to improve for him to remain in his job. I just the Aberdeen record was brought into a context, originally, in which didn't really belong. Caixinha needs this team to be better more consistently, and again I agree with you there as well. No more excuses, we need to be showing results that give the fans hope; and if we don't see that then he will have to go, before the year is out.

Yeah I was probably referring back there to other posts earlier in the thread talking about him needing the season etc

Don't get me wrong ideally we would have that, I think everyone would prefer stability and not seeming like we're having a quick revolving door of managers but at the same time we can't waste time and keep someone in place for longer simply for the sake of it. The Hamilton win has bought him time especially with the international break now but it's too soon for it to be any more than that I think

1 hour ago, ZZed said:

If, Pedro has taken the last 6 months to lay the foundations of what he wants, brought in a raft of players to start implementing  his style of play, removed a load of players that he thinks are not up to the task ahead, is working with the DoF to ensure consistency of approach right down to youth level; why would he walk away? If the board want to get rid of him, how much will it cost to get rid of Pedro and his team, how much to bring in someone else and their team and what would be the effects on the players?

Getting rid of Pedro would be an expensive exercise and bring more disruption to our club; do we think the board would do this? 

My thoughts too

anything else is fantasy