Pedros Presser

Lloyd

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think last season it was against Killie when he announced the line up. I suppose you can't win with the press up here but I like the way he's his own man and doesn't give a fuck what anyone thinks. That's partly what we will need in a manager as everyone up here is out to make a whipping boy out of whoever tries to step up to the plate and get us going again. His calling out of the tramps over how much Brown and the rest get away with shit is the type of thing that would be considered smart if Jose did it because you do get the benefit of the doubt too often when your on top. We are facing a fight on all fronts and I don't think Pedro will let us down when it comes to saying what needs said. The man has character in abundance. Coming out to face the fans after the disaster in Europe was probably the most honest and ballsy thing I've seen a football manager do. 

I never wanted him and was dismayed by the way we played under him last season. It's partly why I've not been posting much as I didn't want to constantly moan on here and depress every cunt. It is what it is though and now I'm not so sure if the guys we could have got would do any better in the long run. The likes of McInnes would no doubt get us doing better more quickly but we know their ceiling is probably below Rodgers even without the gap in finances. From what I've seen we are improving but still have huge short comings in terms of the quality of the first 11 but even more so in terms of depth to the squad.

I'm now thinking we might as well give this guy the season and another window before judging him because it's a huge and unlikely task for any one to achieve 55 at the moment. We will likely end up just rotating managers and going no where if we don't give any of them time to build properly. If we get second and are a good bit ahead of the rest then it's probably as good as it was going to get this year. I don't think anyone else outwith big names who won't come would manage to win the title soon anyway. It's just the reality of what's been done to us.

The more I listen to Pedro on football though and watch the team play the more I think he does know what he's doing and what he wants from the team. We're a lot more direct and solid as a unit and do not waste time making pointless passes which is important when you need to maximise outcomes from a squad that is weaker than we are used to. It's not pretty at times but it's the way we need to go because we will not be able to match the filth for quality for some time. Time will tell and it's likely Pedro won't get any or will come up short anyway but here's hoping we keep improving and he does start to win stuff because the more we keep changing the more things will likely stay the same. We will eventually need to give someone time to fix the mess of the past five years. Might as well see were we're at come the end of the season before judging Pedro because the task is unenviable. He will have to produce a consistently winning team with relatively inexpensive players who are mostly not accustomed to needing to be constant winners. Its going to take time for any manager to develop and drill that into whatever players we can afford. 

7 minutes ago, Siwel said:

What bait? I really don't think Pedro put that out there as bait and I don't think it's Tommy Wright who comes across as the one losing the plot in this situation either tbh

Course he did rightly or wrongly it's mind games. I wouldn't expect you to frank you gave up on the manager after 1 European tie fuck sake

1 hour ago, coopsleftboot said:

There's absolutely nothing untoward in this press conference at all....that is unless your raison d'être is wanting to find things to get upset about.  Then you could do that in every interview in the world ever.

Some of our fans have the cheek to moan about journalists.

True . It was fairly innocuous.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Disagree, also, him thinking Lloyd is Frank :lol: 

I can see why some people think it is but to me because it was the Europa League 1st Qualifying Round and we had essentially fuck all chance of making it much further it didn't really bother me too much. I would probably agree if it was a CL qualifier or the 3rd or 4th qualifying round of the EL. 

On a related note, Progrès are joint top of their league right now :lol: 

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That European game is the most embarrassing result in our history and in Scottish football.

Maybe in terms of final result but surely that Red Imps mob are a lot smaller than Progres? We lost a game to a shit team but its more that we went out that made it worse. The fact the vermin are supposed to be world beaters and lost to a team from a rock with a few pubs on it is far worse in terms of a loss. Red Imps don't even represent a country. The press glossed over that result. Given the circumstances it's a worse result and that's just from recent ones. No doubt lots of our teams have had similar ones. I remember many teams I've never heard of putting out the sheep, Hibs, and the rest.

It was terrible but Scottish football is having a laugh making out it's the worst thing ever giving the circumstances. 

4 minutes ago, William McBeath said:

Maybe in terms of final result but surely that Red Imps mob are a lot smaller than Progres? We lost a game to a shit team but its more that we went out that made it worse. The fact the vermin are supposed to be world beaters and lost to a team from a rock with a few pubs on it is far worse in terms of a loss. Red Imps don't even represent a country. The press glossed over that result. Given the circumstances it's a worse result and that's just from recent ones. No doubt lots of our teams have had similar ones. I remember many teams I've never heard of putting out the sheep, Hibs, and the rest.

It was terrible but Scottish football is having a laugh making out it's the worst thing ever giving the circumstances. 

Nope.

Any shocker involving us or the Tarriers are a lot worse than Hibs/Aberdeen.

50 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Course he did rightly or wrongly it's mind games. I wouldn't expect you to frank you gave up on the manager after 1 European tie fuck sake

1 European tie that was the most Embarassing in our history, losing 5-1 to the tarriers at home, failing to beat Partick Thistle in 90 minutes and losing to hibs at home is enough for me to give up on him. 

4 minutes ago, Siwel said:

1 European tie that was the most Embarassing in our history, losing 5-1 to the tarriers at home, failing to beat Partick Thistle in 90 minutes and losing to hibs at home is enough for me to give up on him. 

All that and after tomorrow night we will be 3 points off the top. Keep winning thats all the manager needs to do

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

All that and after tomorrow night we will be 3 points off the top. Keep winning thats all the manager needs to do

It is all he needs to do and so far he hasn’t done it enough, we’ll see how we get on tomorrow against a worse team with a far superior manager.