*** The Official Rangers vs Motherwell Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

That assist tally is mad, Holt has 3x the output he did last season while playing in a deeper role and 9 of our goals have been assisted from the right flank, more than double the amount from the Left flank. Fair play Pedro.

I think if the amount of minutes played  / starts could be incorporated too it would show just how little a return we're getting from Windass and Miller compared to others who have had less opportunities.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I think if the amount of minutes played  / starts could be incorporated too it would show just how little a return we're getting from Windass and Miller compared to others who have had less opportunities.

Holt being the prime example 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Fair play as in the right was an issue last year, but he sold our attacking threat on the left and literally didn't address it at all

He has options. He's just chosen to persist with Windass. Like with Miller he's either slow to see consistent poor play, slow to address it, or wants to stick with consistency and try to play through it.

I'd start Nemane on Sunday but he won't.

1 minute ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

He has options. He's just chosen to persist with Windass. Like with Miller he's either slow to see consistent poor play, slow to address it, or wants to stick with consistency and try to play through it.

I'd start Nemane on Sunday but he won't.

I don't know what it is but Josh is done, he needs dropped and sold on. We need to as soon as we can sell all this shite we've bought. Why we have only put Forrester out on loan is beyond me, unless nobody wants to permanently buy a tanning doll

Just now, .Williamson. said:

I don't know what it is but Josh is done, he needs dropped and sold on. We need to as soon as we can sell all this shite we've bought. Why we have only put Forrester out on loan is beyond me, unless nobody wants to permanently buy a tanning doll

The 25 player overhaul was just too big to go much further and get rid of all those he could have and should soon.

I think he accommodated retaining some of those he thought he could work with which are primarily keepers, full backs, wide men (and miller). I think he was right to concentrate on strengthening the core of the team.

I'd say if he gets to the summer(can't see a budget for much in january) we'll see a decent turnaround again. A needed turnaround.

But whilst there's a few positions needing strengthened, and some players needing punted, I think to have done so would have meant a 30-35 player revolving door and that would've fucked up, at Pedro's expense and fault.

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

Probably get laughed at but I think Holt deserves to keep his place for Sunday, I'd actually play him or Dorrans on the left of the attacking 3...

Alnwick

Tav Cardoso Alves John

Dorrans Jack

Candeias Pena Holt

Morelos

Id start Holt but Dorrans needs played further forward than him, he offers nothing of use further back

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Id start Holt but Dorrans needs played further forward than him, he offers nothing of use further back

I was thinking that as well but Dorrans had his best game for us on Friday night so I'd be reluctant to shift him. I think he can control games from where he's playing just now.

I don't mind Holt. He's not good enough in the long term to be a starter for us but I think he's a decent bench option. 

I always think he looks a fucking annoyance to opposition when he comes on around the 70th minute and hounds the life out of them when they're in possession 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I don't mind Holt. He's not good enough in the long term to be a starter for us but I think he's a decent bench option. 

I always think he looks a fucking annoyance to opposition when he comes on around the 70th minute and hounds the life out of them when they're in possession 

Agree.

I thought he was pretty average at St J last week when starting. Didn't see the excellent performance some seen from him.

Should be back to the bench imo.

Jack, Holt, Dorrans and Pena all deserve to start, it's a tricky one fitting them all in.

Think one of them needs to miss out and as harsh as it is for me it's Holt. Dorrans or Pena could probably do a job on the left but they're both in form so don't think now's the time to try it.

32 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Jack, Holt, Dorrans and Pena all deserve to start, it's a tricky one fitting them all in.

Think one of them needs to miss out and as harsh as it is for me it's Holt. Dorrans or Pena could probably do a job on the left but they're both in form so don't think now's the time to try it.

Agreed. Holt is probably the least talented of them and, as said before, he is a good player to bring on late to hassle and harry the opposition.

13 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

6 pages about the cup semi final and 29 and counting about Miller’s agent 

we are a fucking circus right now 

The semi-final hasn't happened yet. See how many pages this thread has on Monday morning.

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Goal's Tally 17-18!

Graham Dorrans - 5

Alfredo Morelos (buffalo) - 8

Daniel Candieas- 3 

Kenny Miller - 2

Big Bruno - 1 

James Tavernier - 2

Herrera - 2

Josh Windass - 1 

Carlos Pena - 4

Declan John - 2 

Assists Tally 17-18! 

Kenny Miller - 2

Graham Dorrans - 2 

James Tavernier - 4

Lee Wallace - 2 

Daniel Candieas- 5

Josh Windass - 2 

Ryan Jack - 1 

Jason Holt - 3 

Not sure what goals the assists were for but that's an up to date record for the season.

Edit: compare with candeais who is doing the same job on the right, or even Tav and John at full backs. Shows just how little a return we're getting from a permanent starter.

Can I recommend that you sort from high to low going forward. 

20 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

6 pages about the cup semi final and 29 and counting about Miller’s agent 

we are a fucking circus right now 

?????

How many have you posted here compared to there?

How often are there way more than 6 pages on a match thread 48 hours before a game?

Has Pedro spoken to advise us teamlines or injuries to stimulate fresh conversation? 

You're hilarious, long may it continue.

59 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Probably get laughed at but I think Holt deserves to keep his place for Sunday, I'd actually play him or Dorrans on the left of the attacking 3...

Alnwick

Tav Cardoso Alves John

Dorrans Jack

Candeias Pena Holt

Morelos

Holt did well but he'd be lost out on the left.  Wrong call. He's kept Windass for team balance, also the wrong call.  Maybe Danny Wilson left side with John moving into left midfield.

1 minute ago, Boybluesy said:

Holt did well but he'd be lost out on the left.  Wrong call. He's kept Windass for team balance, also the wrong call.  Maybe Danny Wilson left side with John moving into left midfield.

I think Holt would be fine there, I don't mean left wing more of an attacking midfielder. 

1 hour ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Agree.

I thought he was pretty average at St J last week when starting. Didn't see the excellent performance some seen from him.

Should be back to the bench imo.

If you look at the goals you'll see holt had a part in all 3. Third one in particular where he straight up assisted. 

First one despite being tackled kept the ball in play and got it too morelos/pena. Bit of a stretch but had he not made that pass the goal wouldn't have happened. 

2nd was the same again just good keeping possession and keeping the push alive. 

Archived