Too much too soon

Just now, hammer93 said:

I agree with a lot of that bud but we have to close the gap first.....finish 2nd above the sheep and hibs then we are moving closer to winning it, last season was a total fuck up and we got it wrong by keeping Pedro and giving him money... I honestly don't fear playing these cunts anymore.....if you told me that a year ago I wouldn't of bought it....I now have a bit of belief that we will beat them

I can understand some of your points too mate but I think the "closing the gap" is just seen as an easy excuse/way of justifying defeats for some fans at times. How long do we close the gap for? We need to stop these cunts as soon as possible and start winning trophies again. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

I can understand some of your points too mate but I think the "closing the gap" is just seen as an easy excuse/way of justifying defeats for some fans at times. How long do we close the gap for? We need to stop these cunts as soon as possible and start winning trophies again. 

I will contradict myself a bit here.....plenty on here wanted DM in place as he was seen as a safe pair of hands to move us back to 2nd(walk before we run attitude)I was against his appointment as I wanted someone who was capable of serving it up to them from the off....I now believe with the right manager and a few tweaks in the squad we will mount that challenge and be more than capable of stopping them.

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

I will contradict myself a bit here.....plenty on here wanted DM in place as he was seen as a safe pair of hands to move us back to 2nd(walk before we run attitude)I was against his appointment as I wanted someone who was capable of serving it up to them from the off....I now believe with the right manager and a few tweaks in the squad we will mount that challenge and be more than capable of stopping them.

I like Murty tbh he's certainly not perfect but definitely a better option than some of the names that were linked at the time. If we can somehow pull off a Scottish Cup win (not holding my breath at all) then he deserves another transfer window and a crack at the new season in my opinion but if not then I'm unsure what my stance will be when May comes. He's done a fairly good job in the circumstances but can't keep making excuses for him. If a proven manager is available in the summer though and we go down that route then I obviously wouldn't be against it. The summer is going to be vital for us. 

3 minutes ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

I like Murty tbh he's certainly not perfect but definitely a better option than some of the names that were linked at the time. If we can somehow pull off a Scottish Cup win (not holding my breath at all) then he deserves another transfer window and a crack at the new season in my opinion but if not then I'm unsure what my stance will be when May comes. He's done a fairly good job in the circumstances but can't keep making excuses for him. If a proven manager is available in the summer though and we go down that route then I obviously wouldn't be against it. The summer is going to be vital for us. 

Yip.....the semi final will ultimately seal his fate, I also like the guy coz I genuinely believe he works his balls off to make things work....I just don't think he has the edge to make the difference 

2 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

For a week we managed to believe we had a chance of toppling those bastards. Wasn’t to be but tbf our squad only took shape during the January transfer window. They’ve spent more and we went months without a manager. 

We will be back to take our title next year with a few more signings and a permanent manager, whether that’s Murty or someone else.

Point of the thread is there are some positives as we’ve been a fucking mess this season and still went toe to toe with them.

I will never accept Rangers being second but there’s been genuine progress here and when you wake up tomorrow feeling like shit, youre still a fucking bear.

No Surrender.

So you're thinking the scum are going to sit back and wait on us coming them?

We'll still be a fucking mess next season if we still have the same board. You do know the wages we are stuck with? You do know we've still to pay the balance for Pedro's signings? You do know we have a 3 mil loan to pay back, far less all the money we owe the Directors?

Financially we will be worse of next season than this one, unless this board come up with serious investment. 

We are improved, but still not good enough. Finances are inextricably linked with what is on the park and the scum are well ahead with their pots of gold.

Today was another insight to reality of where we are at. Better than every other cunt, but still a way to go with them.

There will need to be major change off the park, before see we it on the park.

2 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Just one of those games where it didn't go our way. Onto the next one, we were the better team 

No we weren't. Gifted two goals and they created more chances. 10 men and we still bottled it.

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

So you're thinking the scum are going to sit back and wait on us coming them?

We'll still be a fucking mess next season if we still have the same board. You do know the wages we are stuck with? You do know we've still to pay the balance for Pedro's signings? You do know we have a 3 mil loan to pay back, far less all the money we owe the Directors?

Financially we will be worse of next season than this one, unless this board come up with serious investment. 

We are improved, but still not good enough. Finances are inextricably linked with what is on the park and the scum are well ahead with their pots of gold.

Today was another insight to reality of where we are at. Better than every other cunt, but still a way to go with them.

There will need to be major change off the park, before see we it on the park.

I'm in total shock.....you never miss an opportunity to have a go at the board...we know it's far from perfect but to make quotes that encompasse the board in every thread makes you disturbingly sad