Parking near ibrox

MacBoyd

Just now, FSM said:

I assume it's a similar system to places like Scotstoun stadium, where the residents get a free badge and only badge holders can park there on matchdays?

Saying that, residents can also apply for visitor badges for a tenner a pop, so I can see a parking badge black market forming....

? That’s exactly what was proposed. 

3 minutes ago, FSM said:

I assume it's a similar system to places like Scotstoun stadium, where the residents get a free badge and only badge holders can park there on matchdays?

Saying that, residents can also apply for visitor badges for a tenner a pop, so I can see a parking badge black market forming....

I think so. My plan is for my dad to get a visitor's pass, otherwise he's fucked at his age and because of a few other things. He would stop going I reckon.

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

? That’s exactly what was proposed. 

At Scotstoun they have to paste notices on all the parking restriction signs whenever a game is on, then come and remove them afterwards, which obviously costs money. Not sure who picks up that cost, but I suspect it's the stadium owners and part of an agreement when they built the stadium. Can't see Rangers being too happy to pay for it.

10 minutes ago, FSM said:

At Scotstoun they have to paste notices on all the parking restriction signs whenever a game is on, then come and remove them afterwards, which obviously costs money. Not sure who picks up that cost, but I suspect it's the stadium owners and part of an agreement when they built the stadium. Can't see Rangers being too happy to pay for it.

Wouldn’t think so mate. 

9 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Wouldn’t think so mate. 

I think it might be a legal requirement that the notices need to go up at each entry point to the restricted zone, with dates and times stated (so that people can't say they didn't know). As well as the fixed signposts that need to be fitted, that will be a lot of notices to go up and down around Ibrox every other week and then for mid-week games. Would probably be cheaper and easier just to make it residents only parking permanently.

27 minutes ago, FSM said:

I think it might be a legal requirement that the notices need to go up at each entry point to the restricted zone, with dates and times stated (so that people can't say they didn't know). As well as the fixed signposts that need to be fitted, that will be a lot of notices to go up and down around Ibrox every other week and then for mid-week games. Would probably be cheaper and easier just to make it residents only parking permanently.

The thing is the restricted zone I saw extends up past Helen St which isn’t residential. 

14 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The thing is the restricted zone I saw extends up past Helen St which isn’t residential. 

Is it not just the residential areas that are restricted though? Looks like it on this map (red lines only seem to be on residential streets).

Capture.thumb.JPG.27100ad2b8b2071c28a622f836bf158f.JPG

Also found this, looks like it's the same temporary signage system as Scotstoun, which is going to cost someone a fair bit of money considering how many entry points there are and how often they'll have to do it.

Capture.thumb.JPG.025b3a8de44b911ef340b1b864e831d4.JPG

https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=36287&p=0

4 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I have a friend who lives in dumbreck and he lets me park in his driveway. He told me that other residents in his estate hire their driveway out on matchdays. I don't know if people advertise this somewhere? Maybe @Inigo would know. 

It's not something I've heard of or noticed, Jinty.

Just now, FSM said:

They should hurry up and get that bridge built between Govan and the transport museum.

Yeah, they should. Although that's more for sauntering home after a night out in the West End. 

Two minds about that, mind. I doubt the pickpockets and rascals of Govan would see that my passage was an unmolested one, so to speak. 

13 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I have a friend who lives in dumbreck and he lets me park in his driveway. He told me that other residents in his estate hire their driveway out on matchdays. I don't know if people advertise this somewhere? Maybe @Inigo would know. 

They should though. Some of them are like runways, although I doubt most of those households need the cash.

1 minute ago, jintybear said:

Maybe people just chap the door and ask! Wouldn't do any harm I suppose 

I'd rent my drive out for 10 'likes' per RM member car if I were in the position to do so. 

46 minutes ago, FSM said:

Is it not just the residential areas that are restricted though? Looks like it on this map (red lines only seem to be on residential streets).

Capture.thumb.JPG.27100ad2b8b2071c28a622f836bf158f.JPG

Also found this, looks like it's the same temporary signage system as Scotstoun, which is going to cost someone a fair bit of money considering how many entry points there are and how often they'll have to do it.

Capture.thumb.JPG.025b3a8de44b911ef340b1b864e831d4.JPG

https://www.glasgow.gov.uk/CHttpHandler.ashx?id=36287&p=0

Aye Helen St on that is marked Red, and some of those roads off Woodville are just derelict land with no houses. Same off Fairley St that’s industrial for the most part  

If they really want to do this then put a plan in place for everyone that go to instead of just No Parking and move along. 

18 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Fucking shocking. Used to park on street near pizza hut but can't do that anymore somehow. Been parking near Howdens this season but it's shite for getting away. Any recommendations for getting away onto m8 westbound(I never leave early)?

I can only suggest you contact Steve Clarke mate ..... he seems to be "the go to man" when it comes to parking near Ibrox ..... and he drives a double decker bus which he successfully parked right on the field on Saturday .....  :depressed:

Can't get closer than that.

:UK: 

• 5 weeks later...