*** RM Erskine Fund - THE SEASON IS OVER. HOW DID WE DO???

Oh and don't worry about Erskine Park keeping all the gin.  I've got more booze, including gin, stashed away here for the other Homes, just haven't had a chance to deliver it yet.  I'll get a photo of all that lot lined up for you when I get a chance. :tu:

10 minutes ago, govanblue said:

A jolly successful night all round.

There were a few last-minute cancellations, so a few of the 20 tickets were left spare, so Erskine gave BRAVEHOUND and the Erskine Cottages a shout, and a couple of those Veterans came along, including Jimmy Church, and his ex-army buddy, and BRAVEHOUND buddy, Tam.

Tam was delighted to finally meet the legendary govanblue :p: and asked me to pass on his (and Jimmy's) eternal gratitude for everything we've done for them thus far.

Tam is the guy who accompanies Jimmy to nearly all Home games, courtesy of free tickets provided by the Fund, (chiefly from @King's Troop :rangers: and @WILLIAM BEAR - Thanks again Guys!)

Anyway.  £200 for the tickets - all proceeds to Erskine /RFPBS

£70 for the last 7 names on the Giant Football Card.  Yes one of those 7 remaining was the mhanky mob, and yes, I put a tenner on it.   Couldn't leave the Football Card £10 short!

But whoever made that football card needs to get it sorted for next year!!!

£80 on raffle tickets for Erskine and others - all proceeds go back to Erskine /RFPBS

£100 for drinks for Erskine and BRAVEHOUND - and any change (there was loads) to go in to the Erskine kitty.

So £500 all told.  Money well spent.

So at half-time, I took a walk along to the Blue Room, to see if we'd won anything, I walked in to the room, and there was oor Tam, totally shell-shocked, having won the star prize on the giant football card - A Signed, framed 1972ECWC Final Shirt.

Well done Oor Tam.  Where's the photo you promised me?????  :angrywillie:

Then I walked back down to the Thornton Suite, to discover that Erskine had won the star prize in the raffle - A Signed, framed 1972ECWC Final Shirt.  :rangers:

Erskine_Raffle_Winner_Frame.thumb.jpg.14bbc422b3580348ee4f7fac49fa63b4.jpg

So yeah, all in all, a very successful night - as long as you weren't the Liverpool goalie.  :p:

"It is guestimated that both charities will receive £2.5K each"

A big shout out to the RSEA as always, who were the driving force behind this night.

DeOnUQgWkAAPq-w.jpg

Why not pop along to their next Big event...

(oops.  let me go find the right picture!)

Great they won these two prizes. :dance: