Fight the sfa

backup

Should we fight the sfa  

235 members have voted

1. 1. Should we fight.

• Should we fight the sfa in open court yes.
    • Should we do nothing, hoping for the best.

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The same Donald Findlay that couldn't make a decent case to defend himself singing the sash?

The same Donald that reduced the might of the Crown Office to bumbling fools in the Whyte case, you are questioning the ability of one of the finest legal brains in Scotland over being grassed up for singing one of our traditional battle songs, really :lol: 

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

The same Donald Findlay that couldn't make a decent case to defend himself singing the sash?

I think you under estimate Donald Findlay.

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We really can't withdraw from "what the fuck we like". Everything we do as a football club is dependent on a licence being issued by the SFA. Without that we have nothing.

You're right we own Ibrox and if we say the cameras can't come in then they can't. Just like the SPFL can tell us we aren't welcome in their league.

None of this is anything to do with me "spending time with the media" :lol: Do you think we all sit around at meetings and decide what the group opinion is or await our orders to come down from on high?

The TV deal isn't on an opt-in basis. Regardless of how much you want it to be. Clubs dont get to just pick and choose what bits we like and what bits we don't like.

Great. we banned cameras once 30 years ago. We banned celtic fans 24 years ago. We can't do either now without being in breach of SPFL rules and leaving ourself open to further sanctions.

Which is why I said the club should make the complaint to the FIFA Ethic's comittee. Our licence demands that we don't breach any of the unlawful 5WA rules. This needs to be challenged legally.

1 minute ago, backup said:

The same Donald that reduced the might of the Crown Office to bumbling fools in the Whyte case, you are questioning the ability of one of the finest legal brains in Scotland over being grassed up for singing one of our traditional battle songs, really :lol: 

That's the one. Caught singing a "traditional battle song", shat it, resigned and begged for forgiveness.

1 minute ago, Sweetheart said:

I think you under estimate Donald Findlay.

Which is why I said the club should make the complaint to the FIFA Ethic's comittee. Our licence demands that we don't breach any of the unlawful 5WA rules. This needs to be challenged legally.

FIFA's ethics committee? It wouldn't go to FIFA's ethics committee. Ever. At any stage in the process. Any involvement from FIFA would be as arbiters through their Dispute Desolution Chamber. Before that it would need to go through arbitration with the Scottish FA and then UEFA (at the very least)

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

FIFA's ethics committee? It wouldn't go to FIFA's ethics committee. Ever. At any stage in the process. Any involvement from FIFA would be as arbiters through their Dispute Desolution Chamber. Before that it would need to go through arbitration with the Scottish FA and then UEFA (at the very least)

http://www.fifa.com/governance/independent-ethics-committee/investigatory-chamber/profile.html

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So that didn't happen?

Still waiting for you to tell us what you would do other than "fight in an open court" - have you figured out on what basis yet?

You ridiculing DF and his ability over a song:lol: yes it did happen and you made it happen, you really need to stop grasping at straws to justify your constant circular replies :tumbleweed:

You ridiculing DF and his ability over a song:lol: yes it did happen and you made it happen, you really need to stop grasping at straws to justify your constant circular replies :tumbleweed:

I made it happen? To the best of my recall I would have been 12 years old that night(May 99) Afraid to tell you that I wasn’t at any official club functions that night.

So have you come up with what you would do to fight then yet? Any constructive ideas?

Just now, Sweetheart said:

so who do you suggest the complaint should go to?

I literally laid the pathway out a few posts ago. SFA are the initial arbiters. Given out dispute is with them It would then go to UEFA’s dispute resolution committee, then FIFA’s then CAS. 

5 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Fight? No time to destroy the bastards, withdraw from the Scottish cup next season for starters.  Get Stevie G on the blower and tell him to concentrate on the job, players he wants, Europe and the league.   Tell them to ram their cup up their arse .

Then the board want to ask clubs are they for or against this motion , those for us being punished refuse any ticket allocation and state if they sell to Rangers fans for any game involving us  then they are legally responsible for those fans attending and not Rangers football club.

When is the new tv deal due?  Refuse to sign it and refuse our games to be shown live at Ibrox , stop the blue pound now fellow bears , spend it on our new strips, season books, sellout Europa league qualifiers all 3 of them hopefully and hopefully make the group stages, and if you have any spare cash left after that for football then treat yourself to hospitality at Ibrox.

People say we can't do this or that? The club are weak ? Etc etc , its bloody simple spend your money on Rangers and don't give any of our haters a single penny.  

Then we will see who standing at the end of it all as charity begins at home.   

Think it is in association rules we have to play in the cups and the TV deal is going to be forced on us anyway as we do not get a say. Could be wrong but I am sure we are not allowed to organise a separate deal.

The only course of action we can take is fans not going to any other club for a game, regardless of the old "the team need us" routine, as they don't seem to give a fuck if we are there or not. Standards won't drop and maybe get the game on Rangerstv or a stream for away matches.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I literally laid the pathway out a few posts ago. SFA are the initial arbiters. Given out dispute is with them It would then go to UEFA’s dispute resolution committee, then FIFA’s then CAS. 

How would that work though saying that the SFA is part of the unlawful 5WA? It needs to be a body that they answer to. It's the ethics of what they did in forcing the 5WA and the embargo on the club that is in question. 

12 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

How would that work though saying that the SFA is part of the unlawful 5WA? It needs to be a body that they answer to. It's the ethics of what they did in forcing the 5WA and the embargo on the club that is in question. 

That's not how it works. National associations are responsible for running the game in their territory. Don't make decisions on behalf of national associations. That is why UEFA dismissed all complaints from celtic fans about us - it's nothing to do with them. FIFA will rule exclusively on FIFA competitions (World Cup, World Club Cup, Confederations Cup) UEFA on UEFA competitions (CL, EL, Euros, Super Cup, Nations League). Things related to domestic competitions & rules are left exclusively to domestic associations.

The ship has long sailed on raising any issues with the 5WA. It was signed and agreed six years years ago. We've had a change of 'leadership' who have been running the club now for three years who also haven't seen any issue to raise with it. To go and argue now that it's unfair and weighted against us would be an absolute nonsense and we'd be as well taking the money we'd spend on lawyers and literally just handing it out to random folk walking past Ibrox.

Were it signed under duress - as old Chuckles claimed - he could have raised issue there and then and taken the issue through the necessary hoops to raise a formal dispute in 2012 through the method laid out in the 5WA itself (UEFA's DRC/FIFA's DRC/CAS).

Even the "unlawful" transfer embargo. LNS made that comment in early 2013 iirc, its now almost June 2018. Its difficult to make a serious argument that it was so bad for us in 2012 that it has taken us until 2018 to actually make it a formal issue.

EDIT: Just because you think it should be the 'ethics' of the 5WA agreement that are investigated it doesn't mean it is covered by FIFA's Ethics committee. :lol:

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I made it happen? To the best of my recall I would have been 12 years old that night(May 99) Afraid to tell you that I wasn’t at any official club functions that night.

So have you come up with what you would do to fight then yet? Any constructive ideas?

You know exactly what you made happen by ridiculing Donald, however I will ieave you to play further mind games with sweetheart and your feather duster!

You know exactly what you made happen by ridiculing Donald, however I will ieave you to play further mind games with sweetheart and your feather duster!

I'll take that as meaning you have no answer and are instead just sitting handwringing. That's fine. I didn't expect much more tbh.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

That's not how it works. National associations are responsible for running the game in their territory. Don't make decisions on behalf of national associations. That is why UEFA dismissed all complaints from celtic fans about us - it's nothing to do with them. FIFA will rule exclusively on FIFA competitions (World Cup, World Club Cup, Confederations Cup) UEFA on UEFA competitions (CL, EL, Euros, Super Cup, Nations League). Things related to domestic competitions & rules are left exclusively to domestic associations.

The ship has long sailed on raising any issues with the 5WA. It was signed and agreed six years years ago. We've had a change of 'leadership' who have been running the club now for three years who also haven't seen any issue to raise with it. To go and argue now that it's unfair and weighted against us would be an absolute nonsense and we'd be as well taking the money we'd spend on lawyers and literally just handing it out to random folk walking past Ibrox.

Were it signed under duress - as old Chuckles claimed - he could have raised issue there and then and taken the issue through the necessary hoops to raise a formal dispute in 2012 through the method laid out in the 5WA itself (UEFA's DRC/FIFA's DRC/CAS).

Even the "unlawful" transfer embargo. LNS made that comment in early 2013 iirc, its now almost June 2018. Its difficult to make a serious argument that it was so bad for us in 2012 that it has taken us until 2018 to actually make it a formal issue.

so your saying that we have to live by the unlawful 5WA indefinitely?

Charles Green did raise issue He said it was a witch hunt and the SFA said "Prove it". The club has only just finished going through all the complaints that they made since 2012  e,g Euro licence, not the same club. advertising standards etc. All the results have been in the club's favour. so, It's only now that Rangers can prove it was a witch hunt.

It’s time we as fans systematically boycotted any company involved with or sponsoring the SFA.

The ones I can see from the website: 

William Hill

Lidl

JD Sports

Mars

McDonalds

Specsavers

IMG

Pichero

Tennents

Tesco Bank

Vauxhall

I know, a long list, but theres tens of thousands of us using these companies everyday.

2 minutes ago, gersandy said:

It’s time we as fans systematically boycotted any company involved with or sponsoring the SFA.

William Hill

Lidl

JD Sports

Mars

McDonalds

Specsavers

IMG

Pichero

Tennents

Tesco Bank

Vauxhall

I know, a long list, but theres tens of thousands of us using these companies everyday.

Is that the company that AJ is vice-chairman of (International Management Group)?

3 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

so your saying that we have to live by the unlawful 5WA indefinitely?

Charles Green did raise issue He said it was a witch hunt and the SFA said "Prove it". The club has only just finished going through all the complaints that they made since 2012  e,g Euro licence, not the same club. advertising standards etc. All the results have been in the club's favour. so, It's only now that Rangers can prove it was a witch hunt.

Yes. Green raised an issue when he was trying to cover his own back after signing away several million pounds of Rangers Football Club's money. Steven Davis transfer fee, prize money for 2011/12, TV money for 2011/12, the bulk of our TV income for 2012/13 and much more. All he ever done was make a few statements via the papers and to fans saying money was 'stolen' by the SFA and he signed it under 'duress'. Now, I'm no big-handed Yorkshireman BUT if I've just bought a football club and had to sign away several million pounds of money that was due to the club immediately then I'd be kicking up merry hell and doing much more than just making a few comments in the press. If there was a method of appealing the 5WA (and there was) I would have been straight down that path. Now tell me, did Green do that? and if not, why not? It's odd that he would make claims of theft and being foced to sign but wouldn't seek to appeal it.

6 minutes ago, gersandy said:

William Hill

Lidl

JD Sports

Mars

McDonalds

Specsavers

IMG

Pichero

Tennents

Tesco Bank

Vauxhall

Sky

BBC

SSE

20 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'll take that as meaning you have no answer and are instead just sitting handwringing. That's fine. I didn't expect much more tbh.

Pretty sure 98.48% of poll voters know who the hand wringer with the feather duster is, wouldn't you say so keep digging :digging: