Goldson rested ?

backup

2 hours ago, ben51 said:

As I said Goldson has had a couple of dodgy performances, which Motherwell is the only obvious one. 

I'm not trying to say Katic is shit, just that he has a lot to learn. 

I also can't believe that some posters have gone from having a hardon for Goldson to suddenly saying he's 'just average'. The boy is far better than any CB we've had for years. 

Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence saying he is better that what we have had, he flaps like fuck under pressure and Katic is so slow and doesn't read the game very well, just like you say very inexperienced.

Also the both of them are shit in the air causing the manager to say we need to learn how to defend set pieces better.

STEVEN GERRARD has revealed defender Connor Goldson has been suffering with a chest issue after he missed the win over Motherwell on Sunday.

But the issue is not connected to a previous condition that saw Goldson go under the knife for heart surgery that saved his career whilst he was with Brighton and Hove Albion.

The Englishman has been a key figure for the Light Blues this term but missed his first Premiership match of the campaign as Nikola Katic and Joe Worrall started the 7-1 victory at Ibrox.

Stopper Gareth McAuley came off the bench to make his Premiership debut for the Gers after Goldson was a late withdrawal from the squad.

Gerrard said: "He's got a chest issue at the moment. It's not a chest infection but he's getting severe pain around his chest.

"It's NOT linked to a previous issue he's had when he was at his previous club. It's an illness that he's had for a week or two, so he should be fine for Livingston.

"He played with it on Thursday night but it got worse. He tried it yesterday in training and today he called in to say it's not possible to play."

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/17216589.connor-goldson-missed-Rangers-win-over-motherwell-with-a-chest-problem/

Get well soon Goldson.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSXul3tDpbI9J7zYO-8iE4