Greatest Rangers - Award Ceremony (1998/1999)

crmpicco

I have recently had a bunch of old VHS converted to DVD. I have also uploaded some to YouTube and this one is the "Greatest Ranger" awards night from around 1998/1999. The winner, none other than Mr John Greig himself.

A true "who's who" of Rangers players were at this event, sadly some of them no longer with us.

Andy Goram is sporting that sort of half-mullet...

1 hour ago, OceanRain said:

Look - Ally well and truly shit the bed as both a man and a manager after Walter departed. However, to suggest he wouldn't make it into a greatest starting XI is a fucking nonsense.

It's a question of footballing ability not a test of moral turpitude.That's exactly the sort of hypocrisy the SFA were guilty of when it came to Gazza's induction into the Scottish HOF.

McCoist walks into that team.

As long as he isn't managing it then all should be good.

1 hour ago, OceanRain said:

Look - Ally well and truly shit the bed as both a man and a manager after Walter departed. However, to suggest he wouldn't make it into a greatest starting XI is a fucking nonsense.

It's a question of footballing ability not a test of moral turpitude.That's exactly the sort of hypocrisy the SFA were guilty of when it came to Gazza's induction into the Scottish HOF.

McCoist walks into that team.

Like I said . It would not be as clear cut as before . And it would definitely be worth finding out .

I would guarantee that Butcher would not be there .

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Like I said . It would not be as clear cut as before . And it would definitely be worth finding out .

I would guarantee that Butcher would not be there .

With McCoist? I'd say at least 7/10 votes cast would be in his favour.

A number of candidates at the back to replace Butcher. George Young would be my alternative vote if I could cast one. Again, Butcher was superb for us. It's the off-field comments that have tainted people's opinion of him. As a player though he was an absolute stand out.

17 minutes ago, OceanRain said:

With McCoist? I'd say at least 7/10 votes cast would be in his favour.

A number of candidates at the back to replace Butcher. George Young would be my alternative vote if I could cast one. Again, Butcher was superb for us. It's the off-field comments that have tainted people's opinion of him. As a player though he was an absolute stand out.

Can't disagree .Both were absolute heroes for me at the time 

.Think you are maybe right about Ally .Would probably still be there