Formula One 2019

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

So what your saying is the compliance officer in Scotland or the 3 man panel who decide decisions are always correct as they analyse and decide decisions?

That’s patently not what I’m saying, no. 

But hey, if you want to set up strawmen so you can knock them down again, be my guest.

11 hours ago, Creampuff said:

He has to get a penalty there. 

The real story, which is suspect is why Vettel had his little meltdown, is that once again he’s blown it when there has been an opportunity. 

The guy has absolutely no bottle.

TBF I think Vettel gets given a hard time. 

I really struggle to apportion that as a significant driver error, the car stepped out seemingly randomly, probably as a result of the aero wake of the back-marker affecting the balance. Of all his recent errors this one was the least driver fault IMO - the ex driver pundits agreed that this wasn't really an error as such - more the car not behaving.

His only bad error during a race in the last 12mths I think was Bahrain this year when he spun. Even crashing out from the lead in Germany, he was tip toeing about in the rain, and the car stepped out of line at one of the few places that he couldn't get away with it. I feel ever little mistake Vettel has made, he has paid for with harsh consequences - when other people seem to get away with their mistakes. 

It is swings and roundabouts though, whilst Vettel seems to carry some bad luck, I felt he was lucky as fuck during his Red Bull days. 

As for the penalty - I don't think the penalty itself is particular outrageous, but 75% of the time stewards probably don't give that as a time penalty. I think the frustration is with the inconsistent application and this time enforcing the rules as written without further context, when tbh I don't really think Vettel could do much - and the physical nature of the track seen to that. 

It seems the issue was that he went onto grass as once on it you can't control the car, and if it had been anything else he would have been penalised , but was just trying not to crash when on the grass!

On 10/06/2019 at 07:35, Bristol loyal said:

Agree it was correct for the penalty. Hamilton is going past him and Vettel doesn’t just come back onto the track he cuts across Lewis nearly forcing him into the barrier. 

Once again Vettel bottles it under pressure and knowing he’s got no one to blame but himself pulls a dangerous petulant move and correctly gets a penalty from the stewards.

That's harsh mate 

Driving incident. Should have been no penalty for me. He had no where to go on grass

On 13/06/2019 at 22:19, Creampuff said:

Ferrari have confirmed they’re not challenging the penalty.

Suggestions that new evidence suggests Vettel adjusted his steering toward Hamilton once he rejoined the track.

Interesting then 

Honest Ferrari. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Bristol loyal said:

Fantastic race, and just when it was needed after last week! 

Really like Verstappen, such an exciting young driver he’s destined for big things. Was delighted to see him get passed le clerc  and glad he didn’t get any penalty.

Him and Hamilton at Mercedes next year would be pretty decent