Now Kent is here, is this our strongest lineup?

born a blue nose

19 minutes ago, gersfc86 said:

I'd like to see us at least try out this formation! It solves the right of the 3 problem! 

Mcgregor

Goldson         Katic              Helander

Tav.                Davis.              Aribo.            Barisic

Kent

Defoe.                        Morelos

No point in playing three at the back in Scotland. We would have two spare men at the back.

This formation makes us much more defensive. It also takes away Tav and Barisic overlapping, which is probably the best thing about both full backs.

Morelos is best when he leads the line by himself. He doesn't need a strike partner.

You left out Ryan Jack who is one of our three key players. It is lightweight in the middle of the park.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

He makes decent enough points if my post was about Sunday to be fair :lol:

Which games did he play out wide, I can make it about those if you want? 😁

Although in all seriousness, there are still loads that think Arfield is being used a winger!!!

10 hours ago, gersfc86 said:

I'd like to see us at least try out this formation! It solves the right of the 3 problem! 

Mcgregor

Goldson         Katic              Helander

Tav.                Davis.              Aribo.            Barisic

Kent

Defoe.                        Morelos

why would you like us to change formation when we are playing well atm. i mean were playing really well atm. is it just because you want to shoe horn players in? i mean you even left out our best midfield player ATM and has been in the form of his life, Ryan Jack. 

Based what I've seen this season, our most talented and effective line up would look something like this. With likes of Stewart/Arfield/Ojo/Defoe/Katic very very strong bench options.

McGregor 

Tav        Goldson   Helander       Barisic 

Davis

Jack     Kamara (Aribo potentially against teams more likely to sit in)

Jones                                     Kent (both players interchanging sides)

Morelos

4 hours ago, sausagetrunks said:

why would you like us to change formation when we are playing well atm. i mean were playing really well atm. is it just because you want to shoe horn players in? i mean you even left out our best midfield player ATM and has been in the form of his life, Ryan Jack. 

I wouldn't recommend changing formation if we had a quality player for the right of the front 3.  But atm we have Arfield, Barker and Ojo to choose from! 

Its always a possibility to play Kent in a number 10 role because of his ability to play with either foot! 

Archived