What Rangers Mean To Me

Miss_K

Great post Kirsty, an excellent read.

I sometimes ask myself the same question.

More likely at a wet night in Motherwell, or with the freezing wind blowing across us from the North Sea at Aberdeen, why do I bother, it's shite so often.

But when it's good it's really good, brilliant in fact.

Over the last few years we've been privileged to witness (whether we were at the games or not) two of the most spine tingling moments of sheer unalloyed joy (for us) with the unbelievable drama of a tournament played over the whole season being settled in the last few minutes of the 38th match.

Theatre or Cinema can only dream of such drama.

And this season, with so much still in the balance and so much lost, well I wouldn't have missed it for the world. I've never been prouder or happier to be a bear, from the few hundred of us at the first pre season friendly at Gutersloh, through the record breaking crowds in Barca, to the fantastic sea of blue at Manchester on Wednesday. Even the pishy night at Fir Park playing Gretna. I just wouldn't swap it for the World.

Whatever Pittodrie and Hampden hold for us the team have done us proud and we should never forget it.

WATP

Great words (tu)

I fancy you so much more now after this thread :Animation44-dont over use:

:lol: didn't realise showing my love for Rangers would have such an effect :craphead:

A rangers man, has to go for a Rangers Lady.... Didn't you know that? :lol:

• 1 month later...
This I only realised last night.

Rangers (and this website to some extent) are the team completely responsible for re-igniting my passion for football. Where football is more than just football. Its a sense of union. Its pride. Its passion. For a while I seemed to have forgotten that. Football had literally become nothing more than a game to me. In reality, its so much more than that.

The match that took place last night and the lead up to it especially took me on a journey I didnt think I would go on. I found myself constantly preoccupied with thoughts of Manchester; time was dragging and the excitement and anticipation was building. Seeing such an epic amount of Rangers blue in Manchester gave me goose bumps. News reports made me grin more than a Cheshire cat. It wasnt until later that I asked myselfwhy? As a girl who is not Scottish, nor born into a family of bluenoses, I found my attachment slightly unusual. As I mentioned earlier, this website has played a part in finding my love for Rangers. Its easily seen that many of the posts on here are written straight from the heart, with a love for your team so strong that it really touches MY heart.

Last night, as the 2nd goal was scored and the final whistle was blown, through my teary eyes I could see the blurred vision of the Rangers team sat on the pitch defeated, deflated and heartbroken the disappointment just too much to take, for them and their supporters. Manchester was supposed to be the venue in which we would make history, and it would have gotten us well on our way to winning the quadruple. Instead, Rangers became worthy runners-up and showed true sportsmanship in doing so. The team, plus the hundreds of thousands of bears watching, not only sat and watched as Zenit lifted the trophy but applauded them too. Still though, in the hearts of so many bears WE were the true winners. Just for getting that far.

Rangers have become a part of me as of late, which I guess is how it should be for any bluenose. Granted, my love for Rangers has only just really emerged but love lasts forever. They have taken me on a journey. A journey of discovery. And from last night onwards they will have special place in my heart. I am honoured to be part of the Rangers family, as we all should be. So the next time someone asks me who I support, Ill say Rangers. Ill say it loud and Ill say it proud.

So Thank you Glasgow Rangers !! My blood now runs blue. :rangers:

(I don't normally post in the Bears Den but I needed to get that out! :D At least one thing positive happened last night eh? :))

great wee speech there girl

sounds like it came from the heart

welcome to the family Kirsty

:rangers: till we die