The Official 'Realism' Thread

papaguy51

Right, don't post in here if you're just going to come on and give some sweeping general statement about how we're better than every club in the world, followed by a 'No Surrender :rangers:' or 'We Are The People' at the bottom of your post.

What, realistically, are we going to see next season? The signing of Kenny Miller and probably sale of some of our best players simply suggests to me, at this moment in time, it's 4IAR for Celtic.

Anyone else?

Its far too early to be sayin 4 INR for the Mhanks. We put a brave fight this season so who says we cant step it up a gear.

All the specuation is about us losing our players, but Borat doesnt want to be at Ceptic anymore, with luck Gary Caldwell will stay in DC, Nakamura might move etc so.

Right now ... No surrender :rangers:

If significent funds are not released and real quality is not brought in, We will struggle to even have a title race next season.

We werent as good as our results suggested and we cannot continue to approach games in the manner we have done so in the last 12 months.

Kenny Miller will play more often than not and that is extremely worrying

The signing of Miller suggests to me that it's back to one up front next season.

I wish our scouting network was based wider than the SPL, bottom of the Premiership and France. There's so many good, affordable players out there.

We're just so unadventurous at times.

Too early to really predict, but I will have a stab anyway.

Obviously celtic will be favourites for the league, they have better players, are on 3 in a row and tend to buy more sensibly. They also have a settled, confident team with money guaranteed from the Champions league. Cups can go either way. Europe - 50/50 on making the Champions League based on the teams in the qualifiers. So here are my current pridictions.

League - Celtic, although we will still have a good chance of winning it. 60/40 in favour of celtic at the moment but that will change either way based on signings.

Champions League football - 50/50, if we fail we drop into the UEFA Cup (presuming we get by the first round of qualifiers, which we should).

League Cup - 50/50 with celtic

Scottish Cup - 50/50 with celtic

Mediocre signings

Brutal negative football

No plan B

Stubborness

A stronger celtc side

Champions League group stages

A run in both domestic cups

4 in a row.

Mediocre signings

Brutal negative football - we dont know that yet

No plan B - as above

Stubborness - so? just because some fans disagree doesnt make it wrong

A stronger celtc side - we dont know yet, and, they are pish as well!

Champions League group stages which, if it isnt a rough group, means at least Uefa again. I agree, bad thing

A run in both domestic cups like this years? again, bad thing?

4 in a row. - i think you need a drink mate!

jesus! fuck all has happened, transfer window been open - ish for a week. While your going, let me know the lottery numbers for next month