Winger

MarkyMitch

Is it just me or is it obvious to everyone else that we're crying out for some pacey wingers who can take a man on?

We never seem to have any decent width and since Hutton left, there's no real pace in the team.

I'm just hoping we sell McCulloch and bring a proper winger with pace and skill.

Has anyone heard any talk of us looking at a decent winger?

I feel we have to back Walter 100% and I do trust him with his signing and i'll back every single one of them as long as they're wearing blue, but I just feel its so obvious we need genuine width.

Also, how many people think he'll start the season with Lafferty on the wing? I know he played there quite often for Burnley but its not his natural position.

we have a fast, pacey winger who isnt afraid to take anyone on. DaMarcus Beasley.

what we need is a winger on the right who can do the same. Burkey can do it but for now he is Injured. Buffel wants to leave so that rules him out as well. Not sure if we have been linked with any decent wingers but id say we need a Right Back more than a winger.

I do think Beasley is a decent player but he's a bit light weight!

I know he's quick but he never really seems to beat a man.

Good squad player though.

I think Whittaker should be given a chance at right back. But we could be doing with some competition for him.

Hopefully Smith will be able to challenge Papac for the LB role next season.

Papac had a good season defencively and I feel he was very often unfairly criticised but struggles going forward.

DMB isn't really an out and out winger, he's a smarter player than that.

He's got the ability for "wing play" in him, but he's as likely to cut inside as he is to go down the line and I thik we should be looking for an attack minded left back who can exploit the space he creates when he does that.

If we want a winger I think we should focus our attention on signing a player who plays on the right side, and will hit the byeline at any possible opportunity as it would complement Beasley far better, aswell as Lafferty who might also play on the left and look to ghost in at the back post from time to time.

Burke's pish and injured and Buffel isn't a winger.

Buffel was bought from Feyenoord when he was playing on the right. But we played him in Attacking Midfield, which is his natural position, and Striker.

Made his Debut against Celtic and Slotted into the Right midfield.

But your right in saying he Isnt a Winger, Naturally. He can play there tho.

Burke's pish and injured and Buffel isn't a winger.

Buffel was bought from Feyenoord when he was playing on the right. But we played him in Attacking Midfield, which is his natural position, and Striker.

Made his Debut against Celtic and Slotted into the Right midfield.

But your right in saying he Isnt a Winger, Naturally. He can play there tho.

If he was so good at playing on the right at Feyenoord, why did they sell him to us?

When he's been played on the wing for us he's been slated! The best we ever got out of him was when he was played behind the striker. Remember him and Lovenkrands against Inter?

Unfortunately, he's too skillful and intelligent for Walter to pick.

We have been crying out for quality wingers for years and if Lafferty is used out on the left then it will be a complete and utter waste of money and pointless signing. He is useless out there.

I keep waiting for Gary Teale to be signed; he has all the qualities; played for Scotland,cannot beat a man, cannot cross and overall pish.

Dont even joke, will give me nightmares :harhar:

Could fleck be the answer?? :rangers:

He's not a winger mate.