*** Commemorative Medals – End of Season Report

I have now posted out all the medals to everyone who was on the order list. (apart from one or two, who didn’t get back to me.)

If you wanted any of the 3 medals, and didn’t get them, don’t worry – we can still get them for you. Just PM me and we’ll sort you out.

The medals

Background:

In December 2013, I got a PM from an RM Member who is also a member of the County Armagh RSCs (which is a group of 5 RSCs in Co. Armagh) offering us a donation of 4 Barcelona medals and 4 SFL Division 3 Winners medals for Erskine – one of each medal for each of our 4 sponsored Erskine Homes. The medals are obviously ideal material for the RM Erskine Football Memories Programme, so I gladly accepted. :D

(He also gave me a big pile of World Record Attendance Certificates for the Fund, which proved very popular amongst members. We sold them to members and raised £230 for the RM Erskine Fund. We still have some of these certificates left if you’re interested - £2 each.)

Both medals (and the certificates) were commissioned by the County Armagh RSCs for their own members, and to raise money for their chosen charities. (They have a long history of presenting large cheques to many of our favourite charities)...

Barca_Medal_Cheque_zpsd022c33a.jpg

This season, they commissioned a commemorative SPFL Division 1 Winners’ Medal, which has proved very popular, and they are hoping that their medal sales will raise over £10,000 this year! (As I understand it, they are currently engaged with Rangers to set up a fund called "The Ibrox Disaster Memorial Fund” and all proceeds from all their medal sales will be going to that. (tu) )

Once I saw the medals, I realised that quite a few RM members (myself included!) would love these themselves, especially since they were non-profit, and supporting good causes. So I bought a few off them, and offered them on to members at cost price. This proved quite popular, and I sold out straight away, so I bought a few more, passed them on, bought a few more, etc. etc.

It took 5 months, but hopefully everyone has now got what they wanted. (tu)

The results:

Barcelona Medals (£12 each)

Total bought by RM Members: 80

Total raised: £960

Division 3 & 1 Winners Medals (£8 each)

Total bought by RM Members: 255

Total raised: £2040

Total medals bought by RM members: 335

Total money raised by RM Members: £3000

:clap::clap: :clap:

Isn’t that a nice round number. (tu)

So later in the year, when you see Co. Armagh RSCs presenting their massive cheque to the Ibrox Disaster Memorial Fund, you’ll be able to pat yourself on the back, knowing that you and your fellow RM members made a significant contribution towards it - and got some cracking medals too! (tu)

And as I said, if you missed out on the medals or certificates, PM me and we’ll get you some.

And finally, the question on everyone’s lips – “will there be another medal next season?

- Well that depends on the team on the park really. :21:

• 7 months later...

I have now posted out all the medals to everyone who was on the order list. (apart from one or two, who didn’t get back to me.)

If you wanted any of the 3 medals, and didn’t get them, don’t worry – we can still get them for you. Just PM me and we’ll sort you out.

The medals

Background:

In December 2013, I got a PM from an RM Member who is also a member of the County Armagh RSCs (which is a group of 5 RSCs in Co. Armagh) offering us a donation of 4 Barcelona medals and 4 SFL Division 3 Winners medals for Erskine – one of each medal for each of our 4 sponsored Erskine Homes. The medals are obviously ideal material for the RM Erskine Football Memories Programme, so I gladly accepted. :D

(He also gave me a big pile of World Record Attendance Certificates for the Fund, which proved very popular amongst members. We sold them to members and raised £230 for the RM Erskine Fund. We still have some of these certificates left if you’re interested - £2 each.)

Both medals (and the certificates) were commissioned by the County Armagh RSCs for their own members, and to raise money for their chosen charities. (They have a long history of presenting large cheques to many of our favourite charities)...

Barca_Medal_Cheque_zpsd022c33a.jpg

This season, they commissioned a commemorative SPFL Division 1 Winners’ Medal, which has proved very popular, and they are hoping that their medal sales will raise over £10,000 this year! (As I understand it, they are currently engaged with Rangers to set up a fund called "The Ibrox Disaster Memorial Fund” and all proceeds from all their medal sales will be going to that. (tu) )

Once I saw the medals, I realised that quite a few RM members (myself included!) would love these themselves, especially since they were non-profit, and supporting good causes. So I bought a few off them, and offered them on to members at cost price. This proved quite popular, and I sold out straight away, so I bought a few more, passed them on, bought a few more, etc. etc.

It took 5 months, but hopefully everyone has now got what they wanted. (tu)

The results:

Barcelona Medals (£12 each)

Total bought by RM Members: 80

Total raised: £960

Division 3 & 1 Winners Medals (£8 each)

Total bought by RM Members: 255

Total raised: £2040

Total medals bought by RM members: 335

Total money raised by RM Members: £3000

:clap::clap: :clap:

Isn’t that a nice round number. (tu)

So later in the year, when you see Co. Armagh RSCs presenting their massive cheque to the Ibrox Disaster Memorial Fund, you’ll be able to pat yourself on the back, knowing that you and your fellow RM members made a significant contribution towards it - and got some cracking medals too! (tu)

And as I said, if you missed out on the medals or certificates, PM me and we’ll get you some.

And finally, the question on everyone’s lips – “will there be another medal next season?

- Well that depends on the team on the park really. :21:

can I buy both medals mate?

I'll not be completing my collection this year GB. Maybe I can get my hands on a lowest attendance certificate, highlighting my blind loyalty to the shambles that is the club I love.

It's sad because at the start of Div3 I was full of hope, that we'd be bringing on youths who were brainwashed into playing a system. And no matter who came into the team the system would be king, and we'd be playing the best football we'd seen since wee Dick's first season. What a fuckin comedown!!