The Young Team

gman

Rangers' former director of youth football, George Adams, says a personality clash with chief executive Martin Bain led to him leaving Ibrox.

Adams was offered a new role as part of a restructuring of the club management in September, but has since joined Ross County as director of football.

"Saying they were restructuring things was a way for Rangers to camouflage what really happened," said Adams.

"There was basically a difference of opinion between Martin Bain and me."

He stressed: "It was nothing to do with restructuring at all, no matter what they said.

"I'm not going to hide behind an excuse. He might, but I am a man - and a truthful one at that.

"Sometimes things don't work out between two people and that was the case here.

"I could come out and speak about it in depth but now isn't the right time."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/4548906.stm

Rangers have recruited the scout regarded as the man who provided the amunition for Alex Ferguson's rise to fame at Aberdeen.

George Adams, who held similar posts with the Dons and Celtic, has been appointed Rangers' new head of youth development.

The veteran resigned from the board at Scottish Premier League rivals Motherwell to succeed Jan Derks in the post.

Rangers chairman John McClelland said: "I am delighted with this new appointment.

"George Adams has a proven track record and will be an extremely valuable asset in our continued policy of developing young Scottish talent through our youth programme at Murray Park and our wider network throughout Scotland and beyond.

"George is widely considered to be one of the best talent-finders in the country and played a key role in the success Alex Ferguson enjoyed at Aberdeen in the 1980s, bringing through a string of top-class players."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/2761133.stm

Murray Park has had about 4 guru's at it's helm since it's opening.

Dutch bloke who Advocaat knew.

George Adams.

Craig Mulholland.

Jim Sinclair.

It was as if we opened it and thought "Hey, now how do we make a Ronaldo?". It now really does seem to be paying dividends though, the gap on Celtic that was once there has been closed and we genuinelly have 4 or 5 young lads banging on the first team door for the first time in what seems like an eternity.

As for who actually spots the youngsters, i have no idea. I've been told on many occasion though that our team of youth level scouts throughout Scotland is second to none.

Rangers' former director of youth football, George Adams, says a personality clash with chief executive Martin Bain led to him leaving Ibrox.

Adams was offered a new role as part of a restructuring of the club management in September, but has since joined Ross County as director of football.

"Saying they were restructuring things was a way for Rangers to camouflage what really happened," said Adams.

"There was basically a difference of opinion between Martin Bain and me."

He stressed: "It was nothing to do with restructuring at all, no matter what they said.

"I'm not going to hide behind an excuse. He might, but I am a man - and a truthful one at that.

"Sometimes things don't work out between two people and that was the case here.

"I could come out and speak about it in depth but now isn't the right time."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/4548906.stm

Rangers have recruited the scout regarded as the man who provided the amunition for Alex Ferguson's rise to fame at Aberdeen.

George Adams, who held similar posts with the Dons and Celtic, has been appointed Rangers' new head of youth development.

The veteran resigned from the board at Scottish Premier League rivals Motherwell to succeed Jan Derks in the post.

Rangers chairman John McClelland said: "I am delighted with this new appointment.

"George Adams has a proven track record and will be an extremely valuable asset in our continued policy of developing young Scottish talent through our youth programme at Murray Park and our wider network throughout Scotland and beyond.

"George is widely considered to be one of the best talent-finders in the country and played a key role in the success Alex Ferguson enjoyed at Aberdeen in the 1980s, bringing through a string of top-class players."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/2761133.stm

Point being?

Quoting people and not giving an opinion of your own?

Even people who don't like you expect better than that.

Wisen up.

Got another link boab?

lol

Surely there needs to be a collective 'praise' - from SDM for sanctioning it, Advocaat for proposing it and subsequent youth team caches plus it is an excellent resource for the first and reserve teams as well - so many people must share any credit due, but the man who made it happen was SDM!

Point being?

Quoting people and not giving an opinion of your own?

Even people who don't like you expect better than that.

Wisen up.

Got another link boab?

lol

Was giving info about the man, I'd already made the point I thought he'd maybe had quite a hand in things.