This one's for Minstral. I hope it's not a repost.

Saudibear

Here's my wee Baxter story, I used to drink in a pub that was managed by George [Dandy] McLean, and one day we asked him about Slim Jim and he told us this story.

Rangers were playing Dundee at Ibrox and big Dandy passed a ball out to Baxter, the ball landed about 6 feet away from him and Baxter made no atempt to go for it, so Dandy shouts to him "fuck sake Jim why did ye' no go for the ba'" and Baxter replied quick as a whip "when ah' pass a ba' tae you, do you have to run for it" fuckin ace, I'll give big Dandy his due though, as he was laughing along with us as he told it.

I bet he told God he was sitting in his chair. :praise:

thanks mate fantastic player and the greatest player i have ever seen. (tu)

So true Minstral, he was the catalyst of that great Rangers team of the 60's, the game came ridiculiously easy to him, I've seen some great players play for us in my time but no one comes close to Jim Baxter.

It was just so much fun to watch him play. Celtic were afraid of him. He was arrogance personified. Strolled through them. Even after he came back from England a rolly polly Baxter walked through Celtic and I do mean WALKED!

He was in the first Rangers team I saw.

If you never saw him... its hard to understand how good he was.

Arrogant?

Yes..you better fuckin believe it.

Believe this....he was a symphony orchestra conductor.....elegant..classy..and a Rangers legend.

There has never been another like him..and never will.

I was lucky enough to see him play for Rangers in the early 60's then again for Notts Forest four years later when my dad was moved down to the midlands when his mine closed down in Scotland. I was also lucky enough to see him sit on the ball at Wembley. The best I've seen live and that includes Best and Maradona.

He was in the first Rangers team I saw.

If you never saw him... its hard to understand how good he was.

Arrogant?

Yes..you better fuckin believe it.

Believe this....he was a symphony orchestra conductor.....elegant..classy..and a Rangers legend.

There has never been another like him..and never will.

Before my lifetime so DC for me.

I still have the old pic of the shrine over here in Oz from all those years ago.