Hutton getting better?

Canadaready

He has been playing well recently and a lot of people back him.

IMO, because he's Scottish.

I'll probably get slated for this but if he was foreign then I don't think he would get half the support he gets.

I personaly, don't think he's good enough and my first signing in the Summer would be a replacement for him.

Don't think he has tbh.

Yes he has done well getting forward but anyone that watched today will notice he twice got caught out easily and gave away a needless penalty.

Wait till he makes a blunder that leads to us getting beat then everyone will slate him.

Don't get me wrong i am not against him but he shouldnt be a regular yet.

I'll probably get slated for this but if he was foreign then I don't think he would get half the support he gets.

I personaly, don't think he's good enough and my first signing in the Summer would be a replacement for him.

Support???

he gets more slating than most in the team!

Support???

I know but I have had a go at him and a few people have told me to get off his back, he's playing well.... <_<

Don't think he has tbh.

Yes he has done well getting forward but anyone that watched today will notice he twice got caught out easily and gave away a needless penalty.

Wait till he makes a blunder that leads to us getting beat then everyone will slate him.

Don't get me wrong i am not against him but he shouldnt be a regular yet.

I agree totally with this. He was good going forward today, BUT scary defending and that penalty showed just how stupid and reckless he can sometimes be.

We can do better IMO.

:rolleyes:

He has been doing ok since Smith and the staff came in, still not good enough and what was the penalty incident all about? He should not get his wages for a week! Absolutely ridiculous and needless challenge!

Support???

yeah!

I have been one of his biggest critics, but under Smith and Ally he's been a new player.

The only downside has been his failed elbow during the Dunfermline game and the successful one today which conceded a penalty.

Ability wise he's improved and it's not the same mediocre Hutton.

On this form I'm happy for him to stay in the team, and I NEVER thought I'd hear myself say that.

Sorry Danny, but he's still the same idiot at heart.

You saw the elbow last week and the penalty today - he's reckless. No brain whatsoever. He also missed a sitter today when he should have scored.

His DEFENDING is awful, players get in behind him regularly and get their crosses over. !st and foremost he is a defender and he's SCARY.

I know, I don't disagree at all.

You saw the elbow last week and the penalty today - he's reckless. No brain whatsoever. He also missed a sitter today when he should have scored.
He's not a striker. And I agree he's stupid.
His DEFENDING is awful, players get in behind him regularly and get their crosses over. !st and foremost he is a defender and he's SCARY.

In recent games I respectfully disagree. He's been far more solid and his positional sense has been vastly improving. For example, his last-ditch block to prevent a clean strike on goal by Naismith I think it was, and also when he was in the middle of the park, and saw a runner making his way to the (Killie) left wing and tracked back even though there was no actual danger yet. He's reading the game MUCH better now.

In recent games I respectfully disagree. He's been far more solid and his positional sense has been vastly improving. For example, his last-ditch block to prevent a clean strike on goal by Naismith I think it was, and also when he was in the middle of the park, and saw a runner making his way to the (Killie) left wing and tracked back even though there was no actual danger yet. He's reading the game MUCH better now.

Danny better be careful or Hutton will become your new Buffel.

:lol:

I would say the exact opposite, he gets slated by a lot of people IMO because he is scottish.

Our young scottish players get the brunt of abuse - Hutton, Adam and to a lesser extent Smith and even Boyd

If these were foreigners they wouldnt get half as much abuse from so called supporters

If we were to replace Hutton then who would people replace him with?

I garuntee that the first name to come up would be Whittaker of Hibs. People are slating Hutton's defending capabilities but Whittaker is an attacking full back who is not brillant at defending either. We should just stick with Hutton between now and the end of the season because he has improved dramatically since Walter took over and it's not fair to judge any players form from PLG's tender IMO. Like Walter said a clean slate for everybody!

Danny better be careful or Hutton will become your new Buffel.

:lol:

Obviously my actual analysis and use of facts were too much for you :P

I think in the last couple of months Hutton has been pretty good. On Sunday he was excellent but was a bit daft at their goal.

At the same time though those kind of blocking challenges happen in every game and he was only penalised because the ref was trying to even the balance IMO.

He needs to improve his overall discipline and I think he will under Smith. Might save us a few pounds in the summer if he can do that as Lowing is also a decent young right back.

I have been one of his biggest critics, but under Smith and Ally he's been a new player.

The only downside has been his failed elbow during the Dunfermline game and the successful one today which conceded a penalty.

Ability wise he's improved and it's not the same mediocre Hutton.

On this form I'm happy for him to stay in the team, and I NEVER thought I'd hear myself say that.

i completely agree Danny (tu)